Author Topic: JONES Family - Great Ness (and there's a lot of them....!)  (Read 1793 times)

Offline Daniels-mum

• RootsChat Member
  • David Clark 1843-1903 & Emma Clark(Jones)1841-1941
    • View Profile
JONES Family - Great Ness (and there's a lot of them....!)
« on: Saturday 11 October 08 21:16 BST (UK) »
Hello

I know it's a tall order, but I just wondered if anyone is researching the same Jones family as me from Great Ness :)

My great-great grandmother was Emma Jones, b 1841 in Great Ness and d 1941 in Oswestry aged 100. My dad remembers being at her 100th birthday party at the age of 8, which I think is lovely. We also have great newspaper cuttings form when she was 90 and 100.

Her father was John Jones (one of many I'm afraid!) of Great Ness, b about 1817, and that's where I'm a bit stuck.  As far as I can see he was married twice. His first wife was Mary (b about 1810, of Great Ness) mother of John b 1834 and Emma b 1841 and then his second was Rebecca (b 1822, Melverley) mother of  Edward b 1847 and Sarah b 1850).

If anyone can recognise my John Jones as being in their tree I'd love to hear from you, and I'd love to go back a bit further if I can.

Helen

AMBLER (Lincs) CLARK (West Felton, Shrops) EDWARDS (Yate, Dodington, Glos, Chester, Llan-y-Pwll, Kinnerley, Llandrinio) ELLA (Malton/Welton, Yorks) JOHNSON (Roos/Welton,Yorks) HOPKINS (London) JONES (Great Ness/Whittington/Wellington) MORLEY (Welton/Sutton, Yorks) PAYNE (Abbot's Langley, Herts) STARK (Poltimore, Devon) STE(A)DMAN (Acton Burnell, Shrops) SURRIDGE (Broadclyst, Devon) VICK (Tetbury, Glos) WILLIAMS (Ellesmere, Shrops)

Online Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: JONES Family - Great Ness (and there's a lot of them....!)
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 05 February 20 19:35 GMT (UK) »
Helen

I realise it's a long time since you signed in, but if you do pick this up, I'd be interested to hear about this Jones family in Great Ness.

Mike (Jones!)
"No vegetable grows in vain.."

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: JONES Family - Great Ness (and there's a lot of them....!)
« Reply #2 on: Friday 07 February 20 12:50 GMT (UK) »
Just in case
That second marriage 24 Nov 1843 Gt Ness
John Jones widower labourer Lower Hopton s of Edward Jones labourer
Rebecca Mansell spins house keeper  d of Thomas Mansell farmer
wit Andrew Mansell and Sarah Jones.

So John Jones bapt Gt Ness 29 Dec 1816 s of Edward and Sarah Jones Knockin Heath labourer

Seems to fit the bill.

Ciderdrinker