Author Topic: JONES Family - Great Ness (and there's a lot of them....!)  (Read 2006 times)

Offline Daniels-mum

• RootsChat Member
  • David Clark 1843-1903 & Emma Clark(Jones)1841-1941
    • View Profile
JONES Family - Great Ness (and there's a lot of them....!)
« on: Saturday 11 October 08 21:16 BST (UK) »
Hello

I know it's a tall order, but I just wondered if anyone is researching the same Jones family as me from Great Ness :)

My great-great grandmother was Emma Jones, b 1841 in Great Ness and d 1941 in Oswestry aged 100. My dad remembers being at her 100th birthday party at the age of 8, which I think is lovely. We also have great newspaper cuttings form when she was 90 and 100.

Her father was John Jones (one of many I'm afraid!) of Great Ness, b about 1817, and that's where I'm a bit stuck.  As far as I can see he was married twice. His first wife was Mary (b about 1810, of Great Ness) mother of John b 1834 and Emma b 1841 and then his second was Rebecca (b 1822, Melverley) mother of  Edward b 1847 and Sarah b 1850).

If anyone can recognise my John Jones as being in their tree I'd love to hear from you, and I'd love to go back a bit further if I can.

Helen

AMBLER (Lincs) CLARK (West Felton, Shrops) EDWARDS (Yate, Dodington, Glos, Chester, Llan-y-Pwll, Kinnerley, Llandrinio) ELLA (Malton/Welton, Yorks) JOHNSON (Roos/Welton,Yorks) HOPKINS (London) JONES (Great Ness/Whittington/Wellington) MORLEY (Welton/Sutton, Yorks) PAYNE (Abbot's Langley, Herts) STARK (Poltimore, Devon) STE(A)DMAN (Acton Burnell, Shrops) SURRIDGE (Broadclyst, Devon) VICK (Tetbury, Glos) WILLIAMS (Ellesmere, Shrops)

Offline Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: JONES Family - Great Ness (and there's a lot of them....!)
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 05 February 20 19:35 GMT (UK) »
Helen

I realise it's a long time since you signed in, but if you do pick this up, I'd be interested to hear about this Jones family in Great Ness.

Mike (Jones!)

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: JONES Family - Great Ness (and there's a lot of them....!)
« Reply #2 on: Friday 07 February 20 12:50 GMT (UK) »
Just in case
That second marriage 24 Nov 1843 Gt Ness
John Jones widower labourer Lower Hopton s of Edward Jones labourer
Rebecca Mansell spins house keeper  d of Thomas Mansell farmer
wit Andrew Mansell and Sarah Jones.

So John Jones bapt Gt Ness 29 Dec 1816 s of Edward and Sarah Jones Knockin Heath labourer

Seems to fit the bill.

Ciderdrinker