Author Topic: Emma Gee 1851  (Read 3802 times)

Offline Lesley4

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Emma Gee 1851
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 29 March 18 17:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Margaret: So sorry for taking so long getting back to you, it’s been a bit busy around here lately doing catch up gardening and the list goes on. We arrived home 3 weeks ago from a months holiday to California and Arizona pulling our travel trailer 8000 kilometres later we are back home. Had a great time.
Here’s some more info on the Gee’s, both parents were alive at the time, William applied first to go to Canada he stated both parents were dead, the inspectors report found both parents to be living, the father was found to be living in a court in Liverpool. It is a full page 11x14 document that they sent with family info and more pages where he lived in Canada. Very informative. Here’s my email address lesleygee4@gmail.com, email me and I’ll take a picture of it and send it to you, don’t think I have enough room to type everything in on this email reply.
Both myself and Ed were born in Canada, Ed in Alberta and myself in B.C., my 3rd great grandparents from Shropshire arrived in Nanaimo B.C in 1854 they were the first families to arrive, a few single men to start building before them, my dads side arrived in 1926 from Yorkshire. Lots of British history. Both Ed and I have recently received our DNA results from ancestry.
Talk to you soon
Les