Author Topic: Emma Gee 1851  (Read 3791 times)

Offline bobtonks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Emma Gee 1851
« on: Wednesday 15 October 08 16:25 BST (UK) »
Emma Gee was born in 1816 in Chester. She married John Gee in 1835. In the 1841 census they were living in Oswestry H0107 915 15 23 in Queens Head Yard. John was a Brazier.
In 1861 the Family were living in Union Street Chester. John's age given as 50 and born Chester.

Can anyone see them in the 1851 census?

Offline Necromancer

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've updated my profile ......
    • View Profile
Re: Emma Gee 1851
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 October 08 16:29 BST (UK) »
1851 - HO107/2171; Folio: 536; Page: 29 - Chester St John, Tattenhall area

tip - look for SEE 
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bobtonks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 October 08 16:38 BST (UK) »
Newf

That was quick, thanks.. Could you possibly give me the details to save me another trip to the library?

Thanks again
Bob

Offline Necromancer

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've updated my profile ......
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 15 October 08 16:42 BST (UK) »
sorry, thought you had access ...

1851 - HO107/2171; Folio: 536; Page: 29 - Chester St John, Tattenhall area
Dakins Court

John See 40  Head  Tin Plate worker (Journeyman)  Chester
Emma See 36  Wife Cheshire, Goburn ?
John See 9  son Oswestry
Richard See 7 son do
Henry See 5  son do
Sarah See 3 dau do
Mary A See 1  dau Chester
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bobtonks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 15 October 08 16:53 BST (UK) »
Newj

Thanks again. I have to go to the library to gee, sorry, see the records.

Bob

Offline Lesley4

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 01 January 10 08:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi - I am also searching for information on the Gee family - Emma Gerrard married John Gee 1835 - my husbands great grandfather was there son Richard - 3 of Richards children immigrated to Canada. One of my husbands cousins is heading to Manchester and the Cheshire area next month (Feb) and was wondering if there is any Gee's that are descendants of John and Emma and any particular places that would of interest to see relating to family history. Thank You for any information that you may have. Lesley

Offline margaretbaines

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 02 March 18 10:28 GMT (UK) »
Hello Lesley, I am the daughter of a member of the Gee family and Richard Gee, born 1843, would be my great, great uncle.  His mother and father John Gee and Emma Gerrard are my great, great, great grandparents. Richard's brother James Gee is my great, great grandfather.  I have recently moved to Oswestry and note that the family lived here in 1841 onwards and Richard 1843 and his brother Henry 1846 were born here.  Do you know if any of the family stayed in this area?  James Gee married Maria Duke in Chester and moved to Liverpool, where my parents still live, and we have many cousins still living in the Liverpool, Formby, Southport areas. Margaret.

Offline Lesley4

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 10 March 18 16:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi: Margaret, Richard Gee and Sarah Honey had 5 children the youngest being Robert born 1882 in Liverpool (my husbands grandfather), Ann Ellen the eldest married John Harrison they moved to Alberta Canada, William immigrated to Canada in 1894 he married Ada Compton, Robert also immigrated  to Canada in 1898 and married Mary Elizabeth Mayhew, both William and Robert came over to Canada as Bernardo children. I have the records and  couple of pictures from Barnardo’s, it also mentioned the names of two sisters Lillian born 1879 and Annie born 1880 also in Liverpool. I’m not to sure if the girls stayed in the area or not.
A local Doctor here moved from Liverpool a few years back his name is Peter Gee. Bye for now Lesley

Offline margaretbaines

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 11 March 18 15:51 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for this information Lesley. Did the fact that William and Robert went to Canada as Barnardo children mean they were orphans or were they taken from the parents due to them being so poor they could no longer support them? Do you know where they lived in Liverpool. My great great grandparents lived in the Walton area. What did they do for employment in Canada?
May I ask when and where your husband was born and his name and occupation? Where you born in Canada too?
Your husband and I must be some sort of cousins.
I look forward to hearing from you, sorry about all the questions but I find this so interesting.
Margaret.