Author Topic: inglis family  (Read 6861 times)

Offline aileen f

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
inglis family
« on: Wednesday 15 October 08 18:07 BST (UK) »
Hello
I am looking for any information on William Inglis and his wife Georgina Mearns. Emigrated to British Columbia in early 1900s from Lanarkshire, Scotland. In New Westminster in 1911 Census, last heard of in Hedley near Penticton in 1960/70s.  Can anybody tell me how to find if there are any family still living?

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: inglis family
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 18 October 08 18:19 BST (UK) »
http://search.bcarchives.gov.bc.ca/sn-301B373/gbsearch/Births,Marriages,Deaths#
 - there's a Georgina Geary Inglis death in 1970 aged 86, which puts her at about the right age for Georgina in the 1911 census.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline aileen f

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 October 08 11:43 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that though I knew she died in 1970. I am actually trying to find if there were any family.

Offline LemonMallie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 19 October 08 23:06 BST (UK) »
Hello Aileen,

I checked the death registrations to see if any other family was listed.  Georgina acted as the informant on William's death registration.  Their daughter Effie was the informant on Georgina's reg.  Effie was listed as "Effie F Simser".  I couldn't find any death records for her but I did track her husband through his death reg.  She married James Alexander Simser.  At the time of his death in Williams Lake in 1970, he was working as an accountant with his own business.  The informant on James' registration was M.A. Taylor, son in law, also of Williams Lake.  Effie's full name was listed as Effie Fleming Inglis

So in the end, the trail only uncovered the one known daughter listed in the 1911 Census but it does show that William had at least one grand child.  Recent marriage records are restricted due to privacy laws so it will be difficult to find details on Effie's marriage and her children. 

I jotted down all the details from the registrations so if you want more info, please let me know and I'll type it up.  I wasn't sure if you had it already or just knew the date of death.

Regards,
Lynwen
Malandain/Mallandain/Mallandaine/Malllindine - anywhere and everywhere
Corson/Causon - Gloucestershire
Nicholas - Pembrokeshire
Clark - Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire

Offline aileen f

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 20 October 08 16:37 BST (UK) »
Hello Lynwen
Was very pleased to get your reply as I only knew that Georgina died in 1970. I have looked up White Pages  Canada and found 2 M Taylors in Williams Lake so may try and get in touch wih them to see if there is any connection
Aileen

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 20 October 08 22:00 BST (UK) »
Hi, Aileen ...& welcome to rootschat!  :D
You had some great help on the site already. Just a reminder that we are looking for ancestors, so any names of the living must be first initials only...and hopefully you WILL write and make contact after these ladies have done some work on your behalf...
This goes to completed, as that's all we can do on here, for now.... ;D but if you ever need to ask more, just revive it by posting another reply on this same thread...

Have fun looking for ancestors! Lots of great help on here!
all the best, J.J.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline aileen f

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 29 October 08 16:14 GMT (UK) »
Hello
To add to my previous request I have discovered that William had a brother Adam in British Columbia as well. His wife was called Eve (don't think this was a joke). Don't know anymore, does anybody know anything?
Aileen

Offline LemonMallie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 29 October 08 18:22 GMT (UK) »
You can find them on the BC Archives Vital Events index - Adam married Eva Turley Townsend in Vancouver in 1921.  She died, aged 81, in White Rock in 1969 .  Possible match for Adam's death in 1977, aged 89yrs.
Malandain/Mallandain/Mallandaine/Malllindine - anywhere and everywhere
Corson/Causon - Gloucestershire
Nicholas - Pembrokeshire
Clark - Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire

Offline aileen f

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 03 November 08 14:29 GMT (UK) »
Hello Lemon Mallie
Thanks for the info. Would it be possible for you to get details of their deaths for me so I can find out who Eva's parents were.
Aileen F