Author Topic: looking for LAWARDORN family history  (Read 6358 times)

Offline mabeljessie

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: looking for lawardorn family history
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 24 October 09 13:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Bernie-86
Thanks for your help. Its seems I am in the right place and we all are from same family. Sorry I thought you were in the UK when I saw the census info at the bottom of your name.
My grandfather was one of Mary Ellen McConnell's three brothers.
Cheers
McConnell, Lee, Thompson, Flower,
Darling, Wallace, Atkins
Ruddock / Burley
Blown, Curling
Tait, Sturrock

Offline Maie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 16 March 11 05:28 GMT (UK) »
I have just found this site by accident and couldn't believe what I read. I am a descendent from the Lawardorn family.  John McConnellwas my grandmothers father. She married Conrad Lawardorn in 1903 and my late mother was their second youngest daughter.
  Veronica Jenkins was their eldest girl after 5 boys.  All of the children are deceased and I don't know about cousins as there was very little contact.   Hoping I have followed the steps right and I may here from interested parties.
Maie 

Offline mabeljessie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 16 March 11 06:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Maie
Welcome to a very special group the decendants of John McConnell! Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be to much information about the family out there. I am John Lawrie's grand daughter I presume you are Mary Ellen's grand daughter. My mother and sister use to visit her in Warnambool before she died.
Do you know much about John McConnell senior.
Cheers
mabeljessie
Darling, Wallace, Atkins
Ruddock / Burley
Blown, Curling
Tait, Sturrock

Offline Maie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: looking for LAWARDORN family history
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 19 March 11 05:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mabeljessie
I had the same trouble with Thomas Paramouin McConnell and haven't been able to find any information.  You said you were the granddaughter of John Lawrie.  The only time I have come across that name is on Sarah Ellen Lee death certificate. Did she marry John after John McConnell died. I am having trouble tracing Sarah Ellen's parents. I believe her mother wasmarried to a William Thompson. Then she married Thomas James Lee in Castlemaine or some where close by. They then moved to Walhalla were he worked in the mines.  As most of the records were destroyed in the big fire they had in the early days it is hard to follow up.
Can only keep trying.
Maie     

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 19 March 11 07:34 GMT (UK) »
Veronica Jenkins was their eldest girl after 5 boys.  All of the children are deceased and I don't know about cousins as there was very little contact.   Hoping I have followed the steps right and I may here from interested parties.

Hi Maie

I'm a little confused by your post. All of which children are deceased?

Veronica Rosalie Lawardorn was my grandmother and her daughter - my mother -  is still living.

Is your mother still living?

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline mabeljessie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 19 March 11 07:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Maie,

John Lawrie McConnell was one of her son’s and he lived in the next street to her in Geelong West.  When Sarah died she was living with her daughter Ivy Florence and Ivy’s husband I believe.

Sarah Ellen Lee (McConnell) moved to Geelong West sometime after her husband John McConnell died in 1909 in Morwell.

Sarah Ellen and John McConnell’s children were Mary Ellen, your grandmother was the eldest the others in order were, Margaret Ethel, William Warburton, Rosalie, John Lawrie, Edward Thomas and Ivy Florence all deceased.

Just checked on Sarah Ellen’s death cert and she actually listed Mary Ellen as May which is what I had always known her as Auntie May. The only ones I can remember are Auntie May, Auntie Rose(Rosalie), Auntie Ivy and Uncle Ted(Edward).

The parents of both Sarah and John are very complicated. Sarah Ellen’s birth is registered under Thompson not Lee. I can not find John’s birth certificate for 1854 have you had any luck?

John Lawrie McConnell had a stillborn and 2 living children all are now deceased

Cheers
mabeljessie

Darling, Wallace, Atkins
Ruddock / Burley
Blown, Curling
Tait, Sturrock

Offline Jford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 14 April 19 20:40 BST (UK) »
Hi I'm researching my grandparents history and came across your post about Harold Jenkins and Veronica Miller (Lawardorn) any info would be great I didn't have much to do with Veronica growing up there was a fall out my mother and Aunty Betty (Dec) had pretty much no contact so just had Poppy growing up but I'd still like history of her parents and grandparents etc

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 14 April 19 22:31 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat, Jford.

Are you saying that Harold and Veronica were your Grandparents?

If your parents are still living, you can’t mention them here, but after you make another two posts we can communicate using the personal message facility.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 14 April 19 22:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Jamjar, thanks for replying yes they were my grandparents they had 7 children 3 boys 4 girls they were from grassmere my mother's initials are KA so that makes us cousins 😀.