Author Topic: My Paternal Grandmother Mary Rickman (nee Collins) from Waterford City  (Read 14848 times)

Offline BW2009

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: My Paternal Grandmother Mary Rickman (nee Collins) from Waterford City
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 17 January 16 20:53 GMT (UK) »
Jim,

both Catherine's are correct. I would have to assume the first one died young and the name was reused (as was common practice in the area).
As for the marriage record in 1856 which has Knockanure as the location, all this means is that bride is more than likely from there. Generally speaking the marriage took place at the home of the bride and in the Mooncoin registers where only one place name is mentioned it is the bride's address in all but a handful of the marriages.
"Mary said she was born in co Kilkenny, in the census and to say she is not in Slieverue/Ferrybank and Piltown church records". Could you clarify you point here? Are you just saying that you have searched Slieverue and Piltown and not found Mary Quinlan?
Regards... Bernard

Offline KeithMcNulty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 17 January 16 21:21 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Jim.  This does not seem to be appearing in the rootsireland online records.  Where did you find this record?

Keith

Offline BW2009

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile

Offline debu

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 18 January 16 08:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bernard & Keith, first Bernard yes I did research church records for Slieverue/Ferrybank, Kilmacow, Mooncoin, and Piltown, and there are no records of Mary, Keith, this record is in genealogy Ireland records for Cork & Kerry >rootsireland do not cover Cork & Kerry Records. Jim

Offline debu

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 18 January 16 09:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Keith I found 3 Daniel Collins marriages in Bandon 1820 to 1835 of Daniel Collins to Norry Flynn 25th March 1821, Daniel Collins to Honora Foley, 2nd March 1824, and Daniel Collins to Norry Barry, 5th June 1824, all in Bandon, Co Cork, do you know if Denis had any brothers & sisters? Jim

Offline KeithMcNulty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 18 January 16 09:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jim,  I have no info on Denis prior to his enlistment with the British Army in 1847.  He did have a daughter which he named Honora so that would likely put the 1824 option as most likely assuming the usual practice of naming children after parents/grandparents.

Cheers!

Offline debu

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 18 January 16 11:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Keith there is a baptism of Denis Collins 29th Jan 1825, to Daniel Collins & Honora Collins, address Kilronan, Dunmanway, sps Michael Daly & Honora Collins, Jim 

Offline KeithMcNulty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 04 February 16 19:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jim,

Just wondering how you got hold of the date of the marriage of Patrick Collins and Ellen Sheehan?  I can't find a parish record in Waterford.

Also there were two children between Honora and the twins.  William Collins born 28 June 1891 in Cloncoskerine, Dungarvan and Margaret Collins born 25 August 1893 at the Burgery, Dungarvan.

Cheers...

Keith

hi Croxley Mary Catherine Collins, was born 22nd Nov 1886, Grant's Lane, did marry Henry Rickman son of Edward & Emma Rickman from Fulham London, Mary's daughter of Denis Collins & Mary Quinlan, who married 5th May 1884, St John's son od Daniel & Honora Collins, Bandon, Co Cork & Mary; daughter of James & Catherine Quinlan of Kilmacow, their family Patrick Denis Collins, born 13th May 1885, Roanmore married 29/9/1909 Ellen Sheehan, St John's Church, Honora Collins, born 28th April 1888, Slievekeale married George Henry Starmer, twins next James Collins & John Collins, born 18th July 1897,  Jim

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile