Author Topic: Edwards Hall, Cardiff  (Read 28519 times)

Offline redhawk

• I have turned off my notificatons
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Edwards Hall, Cardiff
« on: Wednesday 02 February 05 01:12 GMT (UK) »
I'm looking for information on my grandfather, Thomas Edwards, who was born at Edwards Hall, Cardiff, Glamorganshire on 14 October, 1690.  He married Elizabeth Downing of Glamorganshire on 12 March, 1714.  Thomas Edwards' fathers name was John, and I think he was born abt.1664.  Thomas and Elizabeth had a son named John who immigrated to Virginia, USA.  Any information on these people, or on Edwards Hall itself, would be appreciated!  Thanks.

Offline SS from The Rhondda

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Edwards Hall, Cardiff
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 02 February 05 09:03 GMT (UK) »
Someone else was researching EDWARDS of Edwards Hall.

This link may be of use to you:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,13067.0.html

Offline BrianCymru

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 16 February 05 20:51 GMT (UK) »
I'm looking for information on my grandfather, Thomas Edwards, who was born at Edwards Hall, Cardiff, Glamorganshire on 14 October, 1690.  He married Elizabeth Downing of Glamorganshire on 12 March, 1714.  Thomas Edwards' fathers name was John, and I think he was born abt.1664.  Thomas and Elizabeth had a son named John who immigrated to Virginia, USA.  Any information on these people, or on Edwards Hall itself, would be appreciated!  Thanks.

I am trying to help people in the USA find Edwards Hall, I should think they must be descended from John who went to USA. Would like to invite you to a "My Family" site so you can exchange family research with  the USA side of the Edwards family.

Briancymru

Offline redhawk

• I have turned off my notificatons
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 17 February 05 00:12 GMT (UK) »
Brian, thanks for responding.  I am already in touch with several "Edwards" researchers, and would very much like to visit your site.  Please provide a link, if you would.

Offline BrianCymru

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 19 February 05 20:41 GMT (UK) »
Brian, thanks for responding.  I am already in touch with several "Edwards" researchers, and would very much like to visit your site.  Please provide a link, if you would.

The site is a "My family" site and it`s by invitation only. If you email me your email address at:  I will send you an invite.
Moderator comment: email deleted.
Please send emails through personal message

Brian

Offline royalcoyote

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Edwards Hall, Cardiff--Redhawk
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 12 April 05 22:52 BST (UK) »
Hello cousin, I sent you an email with a temp user name and password to myfamily.com site call Our Edwards Clan. The member on this site connect to Thomas Nathaniel Edwards born 1690. We work on all lines forward, backwards and sideways. My line is Thomas born 1723.

If anyone else reading this is connected to Thomas Nathainel Edwards born 1690 and intersted in my site please email me and I will sign you up. The site is free but you have to be invited.

Redhawk--My connection to you: Your line is John born 1727 and my line is his brother Thomas born 1723.

Here is how the rest of my line goes:
Thomas Edwards, Jr. born July 07, 1723 married Elizabeth Nichols
Robert Edwards born 1743 married Elizabeth Crawford
Owen Edwards born July 13, 1816 in Groesffordd, Isgeifiog Parish, Flintshire, North  Wales married Hannah Evans
Edward Owen Edwards born December 18, 1838 in Groesffordd, Isgeifiog Parish, Flintshire, North  Wales married Susan Griffith
Gomer Edwards born January 28, 1883 married Maggie Vaughn
Gomer William Edwards born November 08, 1909 in Washington County, South West, Pennsylvania married Bessie Lou Hampton
my dad and then me
Edwards-Groesffordd,Ysgeifiog Parrish, FlintShire, North Wales, Rhodes-West Virginia, USA, Hampton-West Virginia, USA, Vaughn-Abardare (near  north of Cardiff) Wales, Griffith-Haberdare, Glamorganshire, South  Wales, Evans-Lygan y Llan Township, Flintshire, Wales, Crawford- Surrey Co., Virginia, USA, Nichols, Downing-Denbighshire, North  Wales/Llan y mynach, Wales/Surry County, Virginia, USA, Cruelin, Hall/Hael

Offline ward

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 13 June 05 09:19 BST (UK) »
just butting in the way must American do.I may have some info on Edwards Hall,Virginia,and Penna.

Offline royalcoyote

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
attention Ward: info on Edwards Hall,Virginia,and Penna.
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 14 June 05 20:30 BST (UK) »
Could you tell me which Edwards you have?

my line is Thomas Nathaniel Edwards born 1690, Thomas Edwards born 1723, Robert Edwards born 1743, Owen Edwards, Edward Owen Edwards born 1838, Gomer William Edwards Sr. born 1883, He lived in Pa. where my grandfather Gomer William Edwards Jr. was born in 1909. The moved to West Virginia.

Edwards-Groesffordd,Ysgeifiog Parrish, FlintShire, North Wales, Rhodes-West Virginia, USA, Hampton-West Virginia, USA, Vaughn-Abardare (near  north of Cardiff) Wales, Griffith-Haberdare, Glamorganshire, South  Wales, Evans-Lygan y Llan Township, Flintshire, Wales, Crawford- Surrey Co., Virginia, USA, Nichols, Downing-Denbighshire, North  Wales/Llan y mynach, Wales/Surry County, Virginia, USA, Cruelin, Hall/Hael

Offline sspetter

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 07 September 11 18:12 BST (UK) »
I too am a descendent of Thomas N Edwards and Isabella Downing.  I would love any informtion anyone has on our family!

My line runs as follows
Thomas N Edwards and Elizabeth Hall parents to
Robert T Edwards married to Margaret Cuelen parents to
Thomas N Edwards married to Isabella Dowing parents to
Thomas Edwards married to Elizabeth Nichols parents to
Andrew Edwards married to Phoebe Meadows parents to
Ellis Edwards married to Amelia Brittain parents to
Thomas S Edwards married to Harriett Coleman parents to
Ellis Albert Edwards married to Margaret Josephone Hawkins parents to
Howard W Edwards married to Mary Drum parents to
Norma Edwards married to Dale Spetter parents to
me.

Interesting, I just realized my mother was the first "daughter" in my Edwards Geneology line.