Author Topic: Research Interests Websters & Emmersons, Swavesey & Cottenham  (Read 4536 times)

Offline melb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Research Interests Websters & Emmersons, Swavesey & Cottenham
« on: Wednesday 22 October 08 22:00 BST (UK) »
Robert Webster b 1828 Swavesey married Edith Emmerson b 1829 Cottenham,these are my Paternal Great Great Grandparents. Would be happy to hear from anyone with interest in these names, I also havea lot of information to share.

Offline grjohn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Research Interests Websters & Emmersons, Swavesey & Cottenham
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 August 12 09:24 BST (UK) »
Robert WEBSTER is related to my GGG Grandfather (Fisher WEBSTER,1772-1827), through his first wife Anne BRASHER (1778-1808) - son, William (1798-1877).  Happy to share the WEBSTER family tree on a private e-mail.

Offline melb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 17 August 12 09:45 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your reply, I have a version of the family tree generously provided by Eileen Webster many years ago. I would be delighted to share it with you. my email is (*). It would be wonderful to compare info. My main tree is on Ancestry. I have been able to discover many more people, the main problem I have is trying to discover the maiden name of Audline, it seems to be a common problem amongst fellow Webster researchers.

regards

MELB

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline grjohn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 18 March 13 13:25 GMT (UK) »
I agree that amongst WEBSTERs the 'Audlin' question is a real poser! As a long shot, a Judith AUDLIN (b 7 Jul 1695) married a Fran(cis) LEA in Wisbech St Peters in 1722.  He subsequently died and was buried in Wisbech St Peters on 7 Aug 1723.  Is it possible that this Judith, calling herself or was called Audlin, is the person who married (or not - did they get married?) Fisher WEBSTER?  They did name four of their children Judith (of course only one survived, b. 1742).  Over the years the Audline was corrupted and I believe she was buried as Ardlen (but the BT still gave it as Audlin) in Over on 16 Apr 1749.

Be interested to know what you think?

Offline melb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 18 March 13 16:49 GMT (UK) »
I think it is a very logical idea, as you say they kept going until they had a Judith that survived. It is certainly worth pursuing. I have the parish registers for Swavesey, Cottenham, Rampton, Over, Willingham & Fen Drayton, so if you require a lookup for anything , I am very happy to help. I will definitley take another look at Audline. It is amazing what you can find out. My 3rd Great Grandmother Charlotte Thorp who married William Webster 1798-1877, her mother was Mary Dodson, trace that back two more generations to Ann Crisp and I suddenly have Lords, Ladies & Sirs pop up.

regards

M

Offline grjohn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 18 March 13 17:00 GMT (UK) »
M, that is interesting as I have just started looking at that line in my family tree.  Is there a way of sharing family trees off-line from Rootschat as I would like to be able to exchange information?

G

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 23 March 13 16:49 GMT (UK) »
YES, LOOK AT THE PERSONAL MESSAGING SYSTEM IN THE HELP SECTION
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)