Author Topic: Robert Douglas of Hawick  (Read 3210 times)

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Robert Douglas of Hawick
« on: Wednesday 02 February 05 10:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I am looking for info pre 1841 on
Robert Douglas  according to the 1841 census for Lockerbie Hill Dumfries he was born Hawick  the 41 census gives his age as 40 years but the 51 for Lockerbie gives age as 54 he married Mary Scott some time before 1829 as his first child  Marageret Douglas was age 12 on the 1841 census as Mary Scott was born Ewes  Dumfries I presume thats where he married.
his occupation in 1841 is Ag.labourer  and in 1851 Wood Forester
thank you
audrey

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Douglas of Hawick
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 June 05 17:25 BST (UK) »
update on

Robert Douglas b 1801 Hawick Rox.

Mary Scott b 1811  Ewes  Dumfires

any info on parents of Robert  or his marriage to Mary abt 1825-26
William Douglas was the first child born 1827 Dumfries

audrey

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 07 July 05 07:48 BST (UK) »
trying to do a bit of work on my Douglas family
has any one out there got a conection with this family
Robert Douglas was born 1801 Hawick would love to find the name of his parents more info in messages above

audrey

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 07 July 05 14:59 BST (UK) »
Have you checked the Scots GRO?
I know it cost a few $$$ ..BUT..I have been quite lucky while chasing the name WALDIE,in fact I got carried away and down loaded and printed the WALDIE birth & Chr,now need to go back and pay for and print out variations of the name..WADDIE,WALDY,WADIE, WELDY as I know the spelling varied throughout time.
Give it a try......when you do...read the instructions,I think are posted somewhere on this site...the main point being gather 25 names at one time as it is the same cost as one.
IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,Hopkins,Ramage,   SCOTLAND:Ashcroft, Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,Crozier, Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Forbis,Gillie/Gillies, Haliburton, Henderson,Higgins,Hogg,Huggan,Hunter,Hutton,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Heugh,Matson,McLuckie,Marchbank,Miller,Notman,Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson,Roger Riddell,Ruthven,Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Thomson,Turnbull,Waddel,Waldie ,Waugh.Younger