Author Topic: Trealaw Cemetery Index (Rhondda) 1880 - 1990  (Read 664 times)

Offline ggm16

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Trealaw Cemetery Index (Rhondda) 1880 - 1990
« on: Friday 24 October 08 15:15 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find some information on my Great Grandfather. His name is Thomas James Taaffe and he died on the 1st of January 1908 aged 32 (but this doesn't match with his age on his wedding certificate). His death certificate states that he lived in Trealaw and therefore I am assuming he may be buried in Trealaw cemetery. He was married to Nancy (Annie) in 1903 and had 1 daughter Grace in 1904. He is not on any census for 1901 (I think he may be from Ireland but not sure) and I cannot progress any further in his line without an actual date and place of birth. If his grave is in Trealaw I can travel from Swansea to see if I can get any more information. This would be easier if I had a plot number. Any information you could help me with would be most appreciated.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.