Author Topic: Breamore Hampshire  (Read 4048 times)

Offline Mum44

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Breamore Hampshire
« Reply #9 on: Monday 27 October 08 18:55 GMT (UK) »

THOMAS

In 1881 he was lodging in Ealing, London.  Age 28, working as a sawyers labourer. Place of Birth Fording Bridge (2 separate words)

RG12. P 345  Fol. 32  Pg. 15

95 Waleran Buildings, Old Kent Road, Southwark

WELSH
Thomas  Head  M  38  Metal Polisher  B.  Hants, Fordingbridge
Sarah  Wife  M  37                              B. Kent, Woolwich
Lydia  Dau  7                                      B.     ~          ~
Phoebe  Dau  5                                   B.    ~            ~
Thomas  Son  3                                   B. London, Southwark
George  Son  1                                    B.    ~            ~

Thomas Welsh married Q3. 1882 Woolwich.  Sarah Clubb on same page.

RG13.  P. 364  Fol. 80  Pg. 14

95 Waleran Buildings, Old Kent Road

WELSH
Thomas  Head  Wid  48  Brass Polisher  B.  Hants. Fordent Bridge
Lydia  Dau  Un  17                                  B.  Kent, Woolwich
Phoebe  Dau  15  Case machinist           B.  Southwark
Thomas  Son  13  Clerk commercial        B.     ~
George  Son  11  Scholar                       B.      ~
Grace  Dau  7          ~                            B.       ~

Sarah Welsh  died Q1. 1899 Southwark district.

I hope this helps a bit;  I'm afraid I have had no success with the girls  -  they all seem to have left home and vanished   >:(  :-\
Census information is Crown Copyright from TNA.
Titchfield, Hampshire: Reed,  Fielder, Cawte, Goddard.
Kent:  Float,  Cutbush. 
Wallasey, Cheshire: Carroll, Ledsham.
Liverpool : Horsfall, Prescott

Offline suziejmartin

• RootsChat Extra
  • View from Whitsbury Church
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 14 February 09 00:13 GMT (UK) »
I am related to Albert Welsh/Welch.  He is my great great Grandfather.  I have been collecting info about the Welsh family for a while and would love to share the info I have. Hope you read this

Susie Martin
Welch/Welch fordingbridge, Portsmouth, Woolwich, Charlton.  Birch/Birchon Devon, london, Croyden, Portsmouth, IOW.  Westbrook, Portsmouth. Savage westbourne. Ballard Titchfield.  Wesley Leicestershire. Dymond, Hoare, Devon

Offline Mum44

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 14 February 09 00:32 GMT (UK) »

Hello Suzie   ;)

Welcome to  Rootschat   ;D

I hope Fezann comes on line and sees your post   :D

When you have made 3 posts you will be able to send a PM to Fezann  ;)
Census information is Crown Copyright from TNA.
Titchfield, Hampshire: Reed,  Fielder, Cawte, Goddard.
Kent:  Float,  Cutbush. 
Wallasey, Cheshire: Carroll, Ledsham.
Liverpool : Horsfall, Prescott

Offline suziejmartin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 14 February 09 12:49 GMT (UK) »
Yes,I hope she does too.  I knew that George moved to Derbyshire and it's brilliant to find a contact

Thanks
Susie

Photo is of Whitsbury where the Welch's came from
Welch/Welch fordingbridge, Portsmouth, Woolwich, Charlton.  Birch/Birchon Devon, london, Croyden, Portsmouth, IOW.  Westbrook, Portsmouth. Savage westbourne. Ballard Titchfield.  Wesley Leicestershire. Dymond, Hoare, Devon

Offline moors

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 14 February 09 14:00 GMT (UK) »
Breamore is just up the road from Fordingbridge on the 338A road going to Salisbury, from Ringwood, Fordingbridge, Burgate, Breamore, Downton, to Salisbury, there is a "manor" house called Breamore House, Whitsby north of Fordingbridge not on 338A. Incase this helps.
Jeffery Kent Moors Kent/Mddx. Gulley Mddx Bennett Southwark/Devon  Hart Cobham Surrey/Brighton
Bubb Berks/Bucks  Jeffs/Staffs  Baines/Notts  Lambert/Lincs  West/Spinks & Dey-Dye/Norfolk Morrish/Stoke Newington Mddx. Lovell/ Hackney,Shoreditch Blackshaw Clerkenwell/Rotherhithe,. Day& Downer I.O.W. Harknett Essex. Gulley Westminster. Sealey Norfolk. Newling Cambridge/Essex/Herts. Hughes Aldershot/South London. Hartgroves Essex.

Offline Fezann

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 14 February 09 16:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello Suzie,
It is nice to meet a relative.
I confess that it is a while since I looked at the Welch family, I have been concentrating on another line but I would be happy to share any info with you that I do have once I have looked it over to refresh my memory.
I have managed to get back to Albert's Grandfather and mother James Welch and Jane Case.
Regards Ann Ferris

Offline suziejmartin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 14 February 09 17:50 GMT (UK) »
Hello Fezann

I'm glad you contacted the forum.  I used to be searching all the time but I guess I've gone as far back as I can!

I've searched the parish records for Whitsbury but unfortunately the rector didn't bother much with them so there are big gaps just about the time James was born!  Jane (Jenny) Case was born in Bishopstone which isn't too far away.  I visited Bishopstone years ago with my Dad.  We went there because my Dad, Peter Welsh and his two sisters were evacuated to Bishopstone during the war.  I hadn't even thought about researching family history then but it seems quite a coincidence that the Welsh kids were evacuated to the birth place of their great x3 Grandmother's birth.

My sister and I try and get away for a weekend once a year and we stay at Rockbourne.  WE've walked the route to Whitsbury and even found the cottage where Albert 1851 was born at Brookheath.  I've got lots of photos of the area that i can share if you'd like them.  I've also got many BMD certs and photos of Albert 1851 plus a copy of his apprenticeship indentures.

All the best Susie

Offline Fezann

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 14 February 09 18:43 GMT (UK) »
Dear Susie,
I am so jealous! I have no old photos of any of the family so anything that you could share would be greatly appreciated. It sems that we have got to about the same place in the tree doesn't it? I found it incredibly difficult with the county boundaries moving between Hampshire and Wiltshire. Someone who was helping me did say that just because the records state that James was from Whitsbury it does not necessarily follow that he was born there , so I suppose that there is still hope.  I don't know if this will help but  one of the witnesses at the wedding of James and Jane was an Edmund Jolliffe and in 1795 a Jane Case was a witness to the marriage of Mary Case and Edmund Jolliffe at Bishopstone. Jane's parents may have been Richard and Ann Best 14/8/1768
Sometimes these odd bits of knowledge come in handy.
We drove around the area  when we went to visit the church where g grandad married , it was so strange to see the place names that up until then had meant nothing to me. What a pretty area, such a shame that they all moved away.    Fezann

Offline suziejmartin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 14 February 09 19:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Fezann

I bet derbyshire is beautiful.  I haven't got all my notes  out but I seem to remember your George being a carter at Winkworth??  Were you a Welsh too?  How did you spell your name?  We always insisted it was SH but it appears that it was originally CH!

I have a lot of info on the Cases. Some emigrated to OZ.  I know that one of George's  (1815ish) sisters married into the Case family, at a guess, I think it was James Case, a cousin at any rate.  Jane, my sister, and I are going to stay in one of the lodges at Westpark Rockbourne at the end of March.  Last time we wnet,about a couple of years ago, we went to the early Church service at Whitsbury Church.  I'm not a egular church goer but it was wonderful to attend a service at the church that so many Welch's must have been to.  George's (1815) brother Charles is buried there.  I've got so much stuff I can send to you.

All the Best
Susie