Author Topic: ROXBOROUGHs in Atlin, B.C.- completed  (Read 17482 times)

Offline mandy1962

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ROXBOROUGHs in Atlin, B.C.- completed
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 13 September 09 20:39 BST (UK) »
My GGG James died in 1869, in his will he left , he mentions that he wanted his  wife to provide granson John with an education .  I cant seem to find John , I know he was born on 20th November 1855, he was the son of my GG granfather Alexander.

Offline crowkie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 22 May 12 23:16 BST (UK) »
Hi there,
I am researching members of the community at 'Ben-my-Chree' British Columbia, Canada, and Olive Simpson is one of the members. Kate Partridge (my relative), a founding member of the community,  records in her Journal on 22 Dec 1915: "Olive Simpson married." And indeed there is a marriage on that date at Atlin BC of Olive Grace Simpson to Robert Alexander Mcmath Roxborough. According to public records is seems that they had at least the following children:-

-John Robert Roxborough (Birth 26 Jan 1916 in Atlin, British Columbia, Canada; Death 13 Nov 1985 in Atlin, British Columbia, Canada);

-Roy Mcmath Roxborough (Birth 11 Nov 1927 in Atlin, British Columbia, Canada; Death 28 Jan 1930 in Atlin, British Columbia, Canada0

-Leota Joan Roxborough (Birth 08 Apr 1930 in Atlin, British Columbia, Canada; Death 30 Oct 1946 in Atlin, British Columbia, Canada)

I would like to include as much information as possible on Grace and her family in my study, and if you are a relative I would very much like to hear from you. I can tell you a lot about BMC and the other members of the community, and further plans that we have with this research. Best Regards

Offline atlinhelen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 23 May 12 04:33 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I am a granddaughter of Olive's and I live not too far from BMC. .....a boat ride across the lake and down the river.

My mother is still alive(Olive's daughter)..she was instrumental in forming the Atlin Historical Society and spent many years cataloging and preserving local history here. She has a fair bit of knowledge of the BMC and Partridges but you likely have more pieces than we may have.

But in saying that...we certainly would be interested in what you have? and will gladly pass along what we have. I don't think we have any information on Olive's family in England though?
Olive and Robert had a total of 13 children ....my preference would be to correspond via email with the info exchange if that is okay with you?
Thank-you!

Offline crowkie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 23 May 12 07:14 BST (UK) »
Hi there, and many thanks for the reply. Wow you sure do live close to BMC, and what a great job your Mother has done with the Atlin Historical Society - there is so much I would like to ask and tell. I do have some history on Olive's family in England, and it shows that she had a brother John T Simpson, born about 1892, Mountsorrel, Leicestershire, England. I think he also went to BMC and there is a record of Otto Partridge going hunting with him. Sadly Kate records that he was killed as a soldier in the First World War. There is also a record of Samuel P Simpson born abt 1854 at Mountsorrel, Leicestershire and he might be your Great-Grandfather. Email is the way forward, as you say, and because we are advised not to give email addresses on this forum I will give my business website, so you can click on Contact and get in touch that way. Don't be alarmed that it is a business website, I am the owner and will contact you back directly and none of the commercial info will apply to you. If you have a better way of exchanging emails please let me know. I also saw that the Atlin Historical Society has a facebook page but that seems a roundabout way of My website is http://www.turnerandcrowe.co.uk/ Kind Regards

Offline Charis Priestley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 12 May 22 15:18 BST (UK) »
Olive is my great Aunt. I know a lot of her family  history in England. Her sister Annie was my Grandma.