Author Topic: Looking for a Conchie  (Read 2747 times)

Offline flashMinor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for a Conchie
« on: Tuesday 04 November 08 10:22 GMT (UK) »
Hello. I am trying to work out via some Conchies whether a John Gordon born or baptised in Kirkmabreck, Kirkcudbright on 26 Mar 1815 is an ancestor I have been trying to trace.

This John Gordon was born to James Gordon and Henrietta Conchie. As if by way of family trait, both James and Henrietta then vanish from view.

Further searches show that three children were born to a Robert Gordon and Marion Conchie in Kirkmabreck between 1796 and 1801, and that a Samuel Gordon and Jean Conchy married in Kirkmabreck in 1790.

While the theme music for "Seven brides for seven brothers" was still sounding optimistically in my ears, and I had hopes that I could go sideways back to John Gordon via the Conchies, all of the blasted Conchies and their spouses fell straight off the radar for marriages or any other records.

There is a plethora of Conchies recorded on IGI in Kirkmabreck and close by, and none of them seem to be the ones I am seeking.

Does anyone have any information on Henrietta, Marion or Jean Conchie or Conchy? I would love to hear about it if so.

Regards
Anne
Dumfries, Glasgow, Midlothian, Kirkcudbright - Gordon; Berwick, Liberton, Glasgow, South Australia - Steele; Berwick - Pae.