Author Topic: Alexander Finlayson  (Read 1413 times)

Offline bleckie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Alexander Finlayson
« on: Friday 07 November 08 10:59 GMT (UK) »
Good afternoon all

I wonder if anyone can help with this one, I have used ancestry's current offer to search for military records of those gone before but no matter what I try I cannot find the above person.
S/43256 Pte Alexander Finlayson Born 19th June 1896 Died 21st Mar 1918 in France. I have his medal card, I had no problems finding his brother's service record. I assume that they joined the colors together. I would also like to find his brother in law's service record I believe that all three served together for a time with the 6th Bn Black Watch his brother in law was Pte Alexander MacDonald born Muthil Perthshire 13th June 1886. He was wounded in 1916.
The link below is mainly about his son but give some information on Alexander senior.
http://www.kinnethmont.co.uk/1939-1945_files/alex-macdonald.htm

yours in anticipation
BruceL

Offline mmm45

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Finlayson
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 11 November 08 13:55 GMT (UK) »
Bruce
They may not have survived the Blitz of 1940 60% of records were burned! :(

Ady
Lowe(Lower Gornall-Castleford)
Blackburn (Castleford)
Sidwell(Ledsham)
Fairburn(Hartshead)
Wood(Liversedge)
Tallon (Whittington Lancs/Hartshead West Yorkshire)

Researching all Great War soldiers from the Spen Valley of West Yorkshire Especially lads from the Cleckheaton Company of 1/4th West Riding Regiment.

Offline Heather62

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Finlayson
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 July 20 19:37 BST (UK) »
Hi just came across this website and your post.  Alexander Finlayson born on 1896 son of Hugh Finlayson born 1860 married to Elizabeth (Elspet ) Sime is my granny's uncle.