Author Topic: COMPLETED Bombed Police Station During WW2  (Read 4601 times)

Offline Copper1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: COMPLETED Bombed Police Station During WW2
« Reply #9 on: Monday 14 December 20 20:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Im wondering if anyone can help me ? Researching my friends family tree - most of the line I am following is the surnames Ractliffe and Cave.  But what I am trying to find is anyone can tell me where I can find any newspaper story regarding Kilburn Police Station being bombed in WW2.  My friends Great Father Clifford Davies was inside the Police Station and didnt survive the bombing.

Any pointers towards where to find the story would be appreciated ?

Thanks

Hi, This is an opportune moment to have posted this request. If you would like to send me a Personal Message [Copper1] I will gladly take you forward as regards this incident in as much detail as there is available to date.
I uploaded a recent post only just a few days ago asking for somebody local in the Porth area nearby the Trealaw Cemetery,  in order that the archived file for PC Clifford Howell Davies, 871 'X' [his shoulder number] could be completed with some photographs of his memorial in that cemetery. Details have lately been obtained to confirm it is No 1199 in Compartment 'X'.  I am not aware whether there is any headstone (still) in place or that anyone in his family or next of kin have such a record of their own already.
My task in endeavouring to complete his file on behalf of the National Police Officers Roll of Honour for all officers killed in the Line-of-Duty. Thus far 11, of the 13 officers killed in that one incident have been located, and I am hoping that PC Davies' will soon become the 12th.
Please do contact me through a Personal Message with the subject line Kilburn Police Station - PC Clifford H Davies, 871 'X'

Offline Copper1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: COMPLETED Bombed Police Station During WW2
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 15 December 20 18:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi EAC61, Whilst I await a further contact as mentioned earlier this week, a couple of queries for you to add detail in your Personal Message back to me.
What is meant by the original Subject line of posting in 2008. "COMPLETED" bombed Police Station?
and, in dealing with a friend's family tree can you ask them if they have any details/photos of Clifford's memorial/grave in Trealaw Cemetery?
The reason for the latter simply because if they have something that exists from a bygone age - it is now 80 years after the interment, it could illustrate more detail than if something is still extant now. That would be all down to weathering etc. Many thanks, look forward to hearing from you via PM.