Author Topic: Broome Park Mansion, & Ravenleigh, Betchworth  (Read 10721 times)

Offline alloyd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Broome Park Mansion, & Ravenleigh, Betchworth
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 17 June 18 21:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Daisy Loo
The brochure is a family heirloom of some sentimental value, given to my mother who I understand stayed there as a guest of Hilda Lloyd the wife of John Lloyd, her great aunt. Their son Dick Lloyd was my god-father who trained as a doctor and emigrated to Canada. I lost touch with him some 40 years ago, but our family has wonderful memories of and sentimental connections with the Lloyd family. I am sure their heirs will be around somewhere and will probably have more records.

The photos in the brochure are mainly of the grounds, with an extensive description of the accommodation in the house.

There is no mention of Col Fielding in the brochure, but the name sort of rings a bell in my mind - I was very young at the time!

If you can find out how to contact me directly we can talk more about the brochure.
Regards
Ricker

Hi Ricker,

I realise this thread is very old but if you're still on here - John Lloyd is my granddad! If you want some more information on this period my dad can help you out - email?

Alice

Offline alloyd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Broome Park Mansion, & Ravenleigh, Betchworth
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 17 June 18 21:43 BST (UK) »
I am interested in Broome Park as my aunt married John Alexander Lloyd whose parents owned the house.  My aunt divorced John Lloyd around the early 1940s and he began a second family with his second wife. I am puzzled by the use of Ashkenaz as a family name suggesting Jewish origins.  If you (Ricker) have any information on the Lloyds and Broome Park I would be interested in hearing. We can chat "off-line" but I am new to this forum so not sure how one goes about private emails.

Hi David,

I realise this thread is very old but if you're still on here - John Lloyd is my granddad! Was very excited to find this. If you want some more information on this period my dad can help you out - email?

Alice