Author Topic: BRADLEY/McGOWAN family Australia  (Read 22653 times)

Offline Emu

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BRADLEY/McGOWAN family Australia
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 26 August 10 05:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Duane!
  I had a spare moment. I am actually attending a family reunion of behalf of my late mother's side of the family.  I  remember the name Faye on the family tree list and will mention your name to my Dad.We are descendants from George Charles Bradley who came out from Birmingham UK. George set up his hairdressing business in Roma. George is buried in Roma. I will fill you in on a few details when I return from NSW. Once we exchange a few messages we can then exchange private email addresses. My maiden name was Egan as mentioned in other posts and I was born in Inverell. Both Mona (Grandma) and Arthur   (Grandpa) are buried in Inverell cemetery. I will chat to you more in Sept as most likely will not have access to computer whist I am away. I will see if  my other contacts has photos of Nola too once I return.
Cheers!
Lesley
Bradley-Birmingham.ENG. Evans-Staffordshire ENG. Egan-Dublin IREL. McVeigh-Co.Armagh,IREL.Kuchler & Fehringer-Mannheim GERMANY.McGowan - Longford IRELAND. Evans - Welshpool WALES. Frenden-Stockholm, SWEDEN. Kimmorley, London ENG.

Offline Emu

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 29 September 10 07:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Duane - Lesley here again back from my trip away after 4 wks. I did not get much info from my Dad, only that Nola and family had a property at St George. I will ask my other contact and see what she knows. If we send a few more messages we should be able to exchange email addresses I think. I have some info on Bradley/McGowan side of family
Hope I can help a little bit
Cheers!
Lesley
Bradley-Birmingham.ENG. Evans-Staffordshire ENG. Egan-Dublin IREL. McVeigh-Co.Armagh,IREL.Kuchler & Fehringer-Mannheim GERMANY.McGowan - Longford IRELAND. Evans - Welshpool WALES. Frenden-Stockholm, SWEDEN. Kimmorley, London ENG.

Offline dms

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 21 January 11 04:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Emu, My Gt2 Grandfather was James McGowan and his wife was Helen Crampton ( nee Goodyer) they had the following children, James, Francis, Mary ( my Gt Grandmother), Agnes, Daniel and Elizabeth.
I am interested to know if you have found out if the son James  m Eliza Weatherall ? And can you give me details of the family ? I have lots of information on the McGowan family . Cheers DMS

Offline dms

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 21 January 11 05:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi again Emu, Just wanted to say that I am from the Sunshine Coast too. In case you don't know James Mcgowan came from Longford Ireland he was a convict sent out in 1832 aged 17 years. He was sent to the
Singleton N.S.W area and that is where he married Helen Crampton. She was Helen Goodyer and married William Crampton in Singleton, he died a few months after they married. She then married James McGowan. She had a daughter Helen Goodyer. Both mother and daughter were known as Ellen. Possibly because of the H being dropped when they spoke. Have heaps more information  Cheers DMS 

Offline Emu

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 22 January 11 07:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi there dms,
I have just read your messages and great to hear from you - also great to hear you  reside at Sunshine Coast! I just wanted to let you know that I will get back to you again  very soon - possibly tomorrow with a bit of info I have.  Thanks for what you have given me so far - I was not aware James McGowan was a convict, but knew he came from Ireland. I look forward to hearing more and also more about yourself  very soon
Cheers!
Emu

Offline dms

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 22 January 11 08:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Emu, Looking forward to hearing more from you. Just had an email from Roma Family History Society and they have information on Bradley/ McGowan family. Can't wait to hear more take care DMS

Offline lesleych

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 23 October 11 03:03 BST (UK) »
Hi
I'm also looking for information regarding the MacGowan family from ORANGE NSW. My grandmother was Agnes Lucy born in 1884, parents James and Margaret. I believe Margaret was nee Madden. Agnes Lucy had 4 siblings, one Margaret dying as a baby. I can't find any records of deaths for Agnes siblings and am not 100% sure if the death notice of a James MacGowan in 1897 is that of my great grandfather. I'm also interested in finding out about the Madden family.
Regards
Lesley (Sydney NSW)

Offline Jeanette4380

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 02 October 15 00:25 BST (UK) »
I don't know if anyone can help or not but we have been looking for an Elaine Joyce McGowan (my partners biological mum). Reading through this thread i noticed an Elaine was included in one of the comments and she may had passed away. The Elaine we have been looking for was born 1940's and we we're just wondering if that would be the same one? My partner was born in Gosford hospital on october 3rd 1969 and as he was only a baby has no information on his family

Offline Jeanette4380

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 24 October 15 01:45 BST (UK) »
I don't know if anyone can help or not but we have been looking for an Elaine Joyce McGowan (my partners biological mum). Reading through this thread i noticed an Elaine was included in one of the comments and she had passed away. The Elaine we have been looking for was born on 1940's and we we're just wondering if that would be the same one? My partner was born in Gosford hospital on october 3rd 1969 and as he was only a baby has no information on his family