Author Topic: Michael MORIARTY and Mary O'CONNELL  (Read 5923 times)

Offline MoriartyFlett

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Michael MORIARTY and Mary O'CONNELL
« on: Sunday 09 November 08 04:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I am researching Michael MORIARTY, born in Cahersiveen abt 1830 and his wife Mary O'Connell, born in Doolin (this may be Doonagh!) abt 1834.

It appears they were married in County Clare abt 1853, then emigrated to Australia in 1854.

Mary O'Connell's parents are listed as John O'Connell and Mary Bourke.

Any information would be appreciated, thanks

Offline Sisterjane

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Castle Hill Huddersfield...Im Here..Where are They
    • View Profile
Re: Michael MORIARTY and Mary O'SHEA
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 09 November 08 10:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi and welcome to Rootschat

I cant help with your family but it might be a good idea to say where the name " O shea " fits in with Mary.

Jane  :) :)
Kershaw, Longbottom,Parvin
Areas  Huddersfield, Brighouse, Rastrick ,Thirsk, Sand Hutton
Masters in London/Surrey
Cencus information is crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Nicki88

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Michael MORIARTY and Mary O'CONNELL
« Reply #2 on: Monday 04 June 12 03:42 BST (UK) »
Another Moriarty from  Cahersiveen, Co.Kerry: Ellen Moriarty(R.C) from Cahersiveen, born circa 1846.  Her maiden name could have been Conner. She immigrated to San Francisco,CA, as a widow in 1909 with youngest daughter Bridget Moriarty (b,1888,IRE)  She joined her married Daughter, Mary (Moriarty) McCormick, b.1875,IRE & immigrated to U.S. in 1895. Mary married Festey N. McCormick in 1905 in S.F.CA.  Ellen had  one other daughter Catherine (b.1885 IRE, Immigrated 1900)  They all lived together with Mary McCormick & husband,  Festey N. McCormick (b.1875, Ohio, US)  & children, in S.F.
    Ellen had also a son, immigrated around 1870 to U.S, and lived in S.F. at that time.  This Son-Moriarty may have been the father of a Monseigneur Pat Moriarty in S.F. California 1940-60+. Catherine Moriarty may have married a Mr. Thomas J. O'Keefe in 1911, in S.F. Ca.  Any one with information on this  Moriarty Clan , I would really appreciate your input! Thanks.