Author Topic: Wade family, Kilkerrin, Co.Galway  (Read 2952 times)

Offline possum_pie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Wade family, Kilkerrin, Co.Galway
« on: Thursday 03 February 05 22:43 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone help me ??  I have now traced my Wade's back to Kilkerrin, Co. Galway but am stuck!  Hugh Wade married Ellen Unknown in c.1858 in Kilkerrin.  He then had a son Martin (Marton?) in c.1859 before moving to England. 

How do I get access to parish records from there??  Dothey exist??

WADE, WALSHAW, CAFFREY, HALEY, HEALEY, TYAS, CROPPER, REDFORD, MCCOLL, FRASER, FRAZER

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Wade family, Kilkerrin, Co.Galway
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 09 February 08 16:11 GMT (UK) »
Hello possum_pie,

What denomination were your Wade ancestors?

You'll have to rely on Church records as civil registration in Ireland was not introduced until 1864. Non Catholic marriages were registered from 1845 onwards. When registration for BDMS started in 1864 some people didn't bother with the registration for a few years after that date. Keep your fingers crossed that church records still exist. 

Christopher 

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 09 February 08 17:44 GMT (UK) »
Possum_Pie- have you checked LDS catalogue (www.familysearch.org) to see if they've microfilmed the church records? If so, you can order them for a small fee from your local LDS library to be viewed there.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline possum_pie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 10 May 08 18:55 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your help... however I have subsequently discovered that sadly there are no records left for this particular parish.... Sob!
WADE, WALSHAW, CAFFREY, HALEY, HEALEY, TYAS, CROPPER, REDFORD, MCCOLL, FRASER, FRAZER

Offline metacam

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 27 June 08 23:41 BST (UK) »
Hello
Just reading your posts and Im afraid there are no records pre famine I was looking for my ancestors in  Kilkerrin too.
The parish priest told me they had been burned.
Good luck with your search :'(

Offline possum_pie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 22 August 08 19:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks.  Yeh, someone over there came back to me with the same info... but ta.  Loving your 'name' though... great stuff it is!!  (I work in a vets!!)

Offline metacam

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 26 August 08 19:46 BST (UK) »
So do I it was a mousepad with that name on it I was looking at when I was trying to come up with a user name I didnt think anybody on rootschat would know it was a drug,guess you never know.You will not get any old records they were burned in 1870 something by the parish priest because he had no turf left. My friend is into genealogy and she tried everything and she works for the priest now.
Good luck with your search, sorry Im no help, it was only by chance I logged into rootschat I was looking for Hessions
'Metacam'