Author Topic: Tognarelli ice-cream parlour owners  (Read 49863 times)

Offline BronxPiano

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tognarelli ice-cream parlour owners
« Reply #45 on: Saturday 02 January 16 22:35 GMT (UK) »
The back of this photo says "Ice Cream Parlour, 75 King Street". If my Grandfather (Fabbri) had it, it must have something to do with Tognarelli or Rossi. If not, it`s a great picture!

Offline BronxPiano

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Saturday 02 January 16 22:38 GMT (UK) »
Or one of these maybe....?

Offline Geoff-E

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Sunday 03 January 16 11:29 GMT (UK) »
Regarding the shop to the right of the Ice Cream Parlor - "In the year 1899, Salmon and Gluckstein Ltd had over 120 tobacconists shops in the United Kingdom  and were the largest supplier of Tobacco products in the World."

I think with it being a four storey building, it perhaps wasn't in Cumberland.
Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days alive.

Offline Paulo Historico

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 12 April 17 02:12 BST (UK) »
 :) Hi Bronx and everyone else looking to build their family history story and tree.

Bronx, I am very grateful that you were able to post photos of the Tognarelli's and Fabbri up on this forum.

I have just joined RootsChat tonight.
Have been building my Italian Community Archive for more than 30 years now, and have tried to obtain photos of every Italian that stayed in "Cumberland & North Lancashire" + "Dumfries & Galloway" since 1750 up to the present day.

Both sides of my parents are Italian, 1 from Dumfriesshire, 1 from Cumbria, hence I cover both counties.

I'm still trying to work out how to PM anyone on the RootsChat forum.
I should add that I am very busy like everyone else, but will try to help where I can in the Cumbria & D&G area.

If anyone has an "Italian" family member interred at Mount Vernon in Edinburgh, you may be interested to know that after using up 2 years of spare time, my wife & I have just completed a very accurate mapping out of that cemetery and listed all occupants including photos of all 585 Italian headstones.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday 12 April 17 08:41 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome to Rootschat...You can send a PM when you have made 3 posts...you do this by clicking onto the text icon on the left of the page beneath the person's name.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday 12 April 17 10:53 BST (UK) »
More help and information about the personal message system here

http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Paulo Historico

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday 12 April 17 11:06 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome to Rootschat...You can send a PM when you have made 3 posts...you do this by clicking onto the text icon on the left of the page beneath the person's name.
Carol
Thanks Carol - have just changed my user name to something easier too :-)

Offline Paulo Historico

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday 12 April 17 12:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Toggie, I have wondered where you had gone. I am convinced our families are linked in some way, historically. I have posted quite a few photos, including Tognarelli ones and my own Fabbri ones. Would your Grandfather be able to shed any light on the link? William Tognarelli was my Grandfather`s Best Man and I`m pretty sure that is my Nan in the doorway. I also contacted  a family in Keswick who were interested, so I sent photos, but they never replied. Any info you can find out would be great. The photos I have posted are on this thread, further "up".

I'm just hoping that BronxPiano, and Toggie are still visiting this site - hopefully you all live in Cumbria :-) ?

Offline Paulo Historico

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday 12 April 17 12:16 BST (UK) »
Hi
   It's been ages since I last posted anything on this page. I'm not sure if anyone is still looking at it. I personally don't have any photos but if anyone is looking for anything particular I can ask my grandfather.

I'm just hoping that BronxPiano, and Toggie are still visiting this site - hopefully you all live in Cumbria :-).

I'm working to get my 3 posts in, so that I can send you all PM messages.
I have been checking my info on Renzo Tognarelli (My nonna is a Toggie from Carlisle) and can find no evidence that he had any children.  I have Renzo's parents details (his mother a Cecchini), and Renzo's wife, when they married in St Gregory's, Oxford in 1942.

I always remember my parents taking my brother & I to Pow St to visit Renzo at the shop when were young.
We were also in the trade, My wife and I are into fish and chips - of course :-)