Author Topic: TAGG/TEGG 1861 lookup please  (Read 7288 times)

Offline tj_

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: TAGG/TEGG 1861 lookup please
« Reply #18 on: Friday 08 May 09 19:25 BST (UK) »
Louisa was my gt. grandmother.

Louisa Tagg b. 4 March 1867, Braywood, Bray; Married Walter Meads 9 October 1894, White Waltham; d. 7 September 1957, at home (Ashford, Middx).
Andrews - Middlesex/Surrey
Meads - Berks/Bucks
Silver - Hampshire
Hyman - Middlesex/Somerset
Knight - Wraysbury, Bucks
Tagg (Tegg) - Bucks
Baldwin - Hampshire & Berks/Oxfordshire
Harmes - Middlesex

Offline pulpfiction

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 08 May 09 21:33 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for all this info,its great. My branch of the Teggs moved from Waltham st lawrence to Clewer(windsor) then they moved back to woodlands park nr white waltham.My dad still lives there.I only went back as far as the Waltham st lawrence teggs.Alice sharp who married James lived until she was 100 years there was a picture of her in the Maidenhead advertiser in about 1935.Any amount of info you have about the Hurst Teggs/tague/teagues is great.Im not sure I will have anything that you wont already know.Many thanks Mark

Offline tj_

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 08 May 09 22:12 BST (UK) »
Mark,

If memory is correct (!!!) I think there was a Tagg who was a butcher in Clewer in 1891.

Tim
Andrews - Middlesex/Surrey
Meads - Berks/Bucks
Silver - Hampshire
Hyman - Middlesex/Somerset
Knight - Wraysbury, Bucks
Tagg (Tegg) - Bucks
Baldwin - Hampshire & Berks/Oxfordshire
Harmes - Middlesex

Offline ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I will find them eventually!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 09 May 09 09:37 BST (UK) »
All of the info I have about the Teggs of Hurst comes from the census, IGI, the village of Hurst's website and of of public trees on ancestry.com - I am afraid I don't have it in an easily transferable form and most of it needs to be checked against the original records - I have not done this because my link with them seems to be rather tenuous and my main interest is linking my ancestor to Hurst and if possible back to Chieveley. However, if you cantact me via ancestry.com I can invite you to my Tegg (of Hurst) tree on there.

If you have specific questions I will do my best to answer them but it probably easier and more interesting for you to pursue this yourself given the basic information you already have. 

Good luck!

Funnily enough I also have links to Clewer - two of my ancestors married there despite both living in Bagshot - their daughter married into the Tagg family, who at that time were also in Bagshot, and then moved to White Waltham.

Its a small world.

Gill
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Tagg, Bowyer (Berkshire/Surrey), Adams, Small, Pratt, Coles, Stevens, Cox (Bucks), Grocott, Slater, Dean, Hill (Staffs/Shropshire), Holloway, Flint, Warrington,Turnbull (London), Montague, Barrett (Herts), Hayward (Kent), Gallon, Knight, Ede, Tribe, Bunn, Northeast, Nicholds (Sussex) Penduck, Pinnell, Yeeles (Gloucs), Johns (Monmouth and Devon), Head (Bath), Tedbury, Bowyer (Somerset), Chapman, Barrett (Herts/Essex)

Offline Abiam2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 12 June 09 10:36 BST (UK) »
I had a pseudo Aunt and Uncle Tegg.

They were Percy E Tegg who married Rose Harvey  Jun 1933 Maidenhead.

I don't have anything backwards they had two sons born in Maidenhead, the younger Phillip died a couple of years ago. 

Just thought this might be a loose end to someone,
Abiam

Offline ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I will find them eventually!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 31 July 19 19:23 BST (UK) »
Hmm some years on I think I have now linked up to the Clewer Teggs, including Percy E!
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Tagg, Bowyer (Berkshire/Surrey), Adams, Small, Pratt, Coles, Stevens, Cox (Bucks), Grocott, Slater, Dean, Hill (Staffs/Shropshire), Holloway, Flint, Warrington,Turnbull (London), Montague, Barrett (Herts), Hayward (Kent), Gallon, Knight, Ede, Tribe, Bunn, Northeast, Nicholds (Sussex) Penduck, Pinnell, Yeeles (Gloucs), Johns (Monmouth and Devon), Head (Bath), Tedbury, Bowyer (Somerset), Chapman, Barrett (Herts/Essex)