Author Topic: Hanley family Alnwick 1841 census  (Read 1264 times)

Offline scruffypup

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Hanley family Alnwick 1841 census
« on: Wednesday 12 November 08 19:20 GMT (UK) »
Has anyone come across any families called Hanley living in Alnwick in the 1841 census, one of my ancestors Henery Hanley was born around 1790 likely Alnwick, he married Mary sometime before 1816 when his daughter also Mary was baptised IGI batch  C080341  26 MAY 1816  Clayport/Green Batt Meeting House-Church Of Scoalnwickr Presby, Alnwick,Northumberland,, so any Hanleys born around the 1790's or earlier are likely to be part of his family.  I've only come across one Henery Hanley in the 1841 census and he was living near Keighley.

Julie

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hanley family Alnwick 1841 census
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 12 November 08 20:31 GMT (UK) »
Don't take the spelling too seriously. If you look for Hen* Hanley there are 17 possibles - though none in Alnwick and just looking for Hanley in Alnwick does not produce results either.  Try looking just for Henry with date and keyword Alnwick and see what possible mistranscriptions come up.  Or of you know any more children, preferably boys, try them.
Andrea

Offline scruffypup

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 12 November 08 20:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Andrea

Thanks for the advice, knowing my luck Henry probably died just before the start of the BMD's, it's amazing how many of my ancestors were born, married or died (thankfully not all 3) between 1830 and 1836, I'm sure they did it ton purpose to make sure I couldn't find them ;D

Julie

Offline scruffypup

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 24 July 11 09:46 BST (UK) »
I know Henery's daughter Mary lived with her husband Michael Docherty in Newcastle from the 1830s onwards this matches their childrens baptisms and census details, I did find this death the other day, as I haven't found any census returns for Henery I was wondering if this could mean he followed Mary, if so there should be census returns for him in Newcastle for 1841/51 not seen them yet though.

Henry Hanley death Qtr   Jul-Aug-Sep 1856 Newcastle Upon Tyne Northumberland, Vol10b Pg32

Julie

Offline Lisa8thompson

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 23 March 21 18:59 GMT (UK) »
Just come across this post, I have a James hanley who is with my Forbes 3rd Great Grandparents listed as a cousin in Newcastle I can't find if he is related to Patrick of Catherine Forbes.

Catherine could potentially be a Hanley but they come from Sligo in Ireland and can't find a marriage record for them. But I have a link somewhere!