Author Topic: Bristow Family Surrey  (Read 3853 times)

Offline Aislin

• RootsChat Senior
  • Agnes Grace Early
    • View Profile
Bristow Family Surrey
« on: Wednesday 12 November 08 20:17 GMT (UK) »
Interested in comparing notes with anyone researching the Bristow (Bristowe) family in Surrey, specifically Esher and surrounding areas.

Given names include John and Louisa Foster Bristow, parents of Bedo Bristow b. 1834 d. 1916 (married to Elizibeth Jackson Bristow), parents of Annie b. 1862 d. 1904, John b 1865, Henry b. 1868 and William b. 1872.
Bristow - Surrey
Clayson - Kent/ Surrey/ Canada
Crawford - Lanarkshire/ Canada
Early - Oxfordshire/ Essex/ Hampshire/ Canada
Ellam - Yorkshire
Goldthorpe - Yorkshire/ Canada
Rowe - Hampshire
Snell - Essex/ Surrey
Yale - Shropshire

Offline Valleyoldboys

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bristow Family Surrey
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 31 March 11 20:20 BST (UK) »

The Chertsey Workhouse records show that Elizabeth Bristow wife of Bedo Bristow was admitted in the workhouse on the 30th October 1913 and left on her own request 13th November 1913. Bedo was admitted to the Chertsey Workhouse 3rd April 1915 it would seem he died their the following year on the 1st April 1916 the workhouse records show he died at 3.15 pm I’m told that Elizabeth died 1918 Reigate Surrey. But Workhouse Admission states Bedo is a widower in 1915 however it would seem she was still alive and kicking.

John and Louisa had  9 children and Bedo and Elizabeth had 8 Children. you have this anyway

Regards
I'm researching the surname of Sheen (e) of Buckinghamshire / Oxfordshire / Northamptonshire and London i'e Holborn whitechapel

Offline Aislin

• RootsChat Senior
  • Agnes Grace Early
    • View Profile
Re: Bristow Family Surrey
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 31 March 11 21:17 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for your reply.  I did have all that, but I never tire of comparing information.
Bristow - Surrey
Clayson - Kent/ Surrey/ Canada
Crawford - Lanarkshire/ Canada
Early - Oxfordshire/ Essex/ Hampshire/ Canada
Ellam - Yorkshire
Goldthorpe - Yorkshire/ Canada
Rowe - Hampshire
Snell - Essex/ Surrey
Yale - Shropshire