Author Topic: Mary Ann McPeake  (Read 19344 times)

Offline JAP

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann McPeake
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 18 January 09 01:17 GMT (UK) »
A snippet of information from the IGI which might (or more likely not) be relevant ...

The IGI has the birth of an Eliza MCPEAKE, 29 Apr 1866, Londonderry, Ireland with parents Henry MCPEAKE and Rose FARRELL.

JAP

Offline JAP

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 18 January 09 01:48 GMT (UK) »
Do you know what religion Mary Ann and/or her parents were?

There is an extensive website for Lavey RC Parish (Lavey mentioned above by bann-p) at:
http://www.lmi.utvinternet.com/

It has various records.
There's a Rosey MCPEAKE burial, 1881
And, in a list of some of the contributors to the building of a new chapel in the 1870s, there's the name of a Henry MCPEAKE, Holly-Hill.
These may be coincidental - but worth a look.

JAP

Offline bann-p

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 19 January 09 21:42 GMT (UK) »
hi Lyn

some info from Lavey Parish Co Derry records
Mary Ann Mc Peake  baptised  1855
This looks useful:
http://www.lmi.utvinternet.com/baptismm.htm

Offline candie10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 20 January 09 00:08 GMT (UK) »
Thank you everyone who have been helping me with my
Irish Great Grandmother's side I believe Henry & Rosey McPeake
were of the Catholic religion not sure about Rosey's maiden name
either possibly could have been Farrell ?
Thanks again very much appreciated
Cheers
 :)

Offline randnk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 29 June 09 08:12 BST (UK) »
Re Holly Hill County Derry
Mary Ann McPeake was possibly the sister of William McPeak who was my wife’s great grandfather.
The name spelling varied McPeke, McPake, even McPeka
His parents were Henry McPeak and Rose Farrell
He migrated to Adelaide SA from County Derry via Newcastle UK.
S.A. Shipping Lists Ref 78/19 “Hesperus” from Plymouth 9/8/1878, to Adelaide, arrived 24/10/1878
He was accompanied by his wife Jane nee McCord and children Roseanna, 6, William 4, Mary,2, and Cath/Catherine/Kate, aged 1. William was aged 27 and Jane 25.
Two sons Joseph and Charles were born in Adelaide. The family later moved to Broken Hill NSW where he died in 1893.
His death Certificate indicates that he married at Holly Hill, Ireland at age 19 to Jane McCord.
Children were listed as Rose Ann aged 22, William James 19, Mary Jane 17, Kate 16, Joseph 14, Charles 11.
According to family history Roseanna went to W. A. and married a man surnamed Mou or Mow. William, Bill, also went to W. A, and their mother Jane nee McCord also went to live in WA at Coolgardie or Kalgoorlie.
Jane nee McCord’s died at Albany WA 8 th February 1916. The Death Certificate states married at Macaquin or Macosquin, in Co Derry, Ireland at 18 years of age to William McPake.
Macosquin is near Coleraine in Londonderry.
There is a Holly Hill a few km west of Dungiven.
The information from Lavey Parish indicates that a William McPeake 1854 and Mary Ann 1855, and William 1871, and Catherine 1879 were born there.
The location of Holly Hill remains a mystery as Holly Hill appears to have been a common place name in Ireland.

Kneebone, Down, Millbrook, Cornwall UK; Richard Callard, Devon UK; Coleman, Watson, Udimore, Sussex UK; Melly, Munday, Belleek, Fermanagh Ireland; Hahn, Werner, Eltville, Nassau Germany; Gattung, Mehl, Nieder Walluf, Nasau Germany; Tisdale, Glover, Walsall Birmingham UK; Hare, Heppenstall, Ennis Kerry Wicklow Ireland; Donald Graham, Ross Scotland; McPeak, McCord, Derry Ireland

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 29 June 09 08:55 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat, randnk.
Jane McCord married 1870 (Magherafelt registration district, vol.16 p.981) to William McPeake. The information on the death certificate (The Death Certificate states married at Macaquin or Macosquin, in Co Derry, Ireland at 18 years of age to William McPake.") is probably a mistake as Macosquin is near Coleraine not Magherafelt.

P.S.- Lavey is R.C. Parish not the civil parish
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline candie10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 13 July 09 15:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Randnk
Thank you so much for all your information concerning my Great Great Grandmother Mary Ann McPeake & siblings
i really do appreciate it as i came to a complete dead end i have been doing research for close to 3 years now
you are a life saver any further information would be greatly appreciated I also live in Perth WA  & was unaware
about the other family members it seems like your wife & i are related then was there also an Eliza born 29th April 1866   
Thank you again hope to hear from you soon
Cheers
 :) 

Offline randnk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 23 September 09 05:34 BST (UK) »
Dear Candie10
Sorry to be so long in reply. Glad to be of help.
I am still trying to identify Holly Hill but no success so far.
I will reply again later
Kneebone, Down, Millbrook, Cornwall UK; Richard Callard, Devon UK; Coleman, Watson, Udimore, Sussex UK; Melly, Munday, Belleek, Fermanagh Ireland; Hahn, Werner, Eltville, Nassau Germany; Gattung, Mehl, Nieder Walluf, Nasau Germany; Tisdale, Glover, Walsall Birmingham UK; Hare, Heppenstall, Ennis Kerry Wicklow Ireland; Donald Graham, Ross Scotland; McPeak, McCord, Derry Ireland

Offline candie10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 23 September 09 06:19 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your reply again
Mary Ann McPeake was actually my great grandmother not great great like i thought
on my late mum's side please keep in touch any other information would be greatly appreciated
Cheers
Lyn :)