Author Topic: Eva MAy Judd  (Read 2915 times)

Offline wren

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Eva MAy Judd
« on: Saturday 15 November 08 10:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi All
I'm looking for Eva May Judd. Eva May was the daughter of Elizabeth Dowling, born Mittagong NSW on `14th Dec 1886. She was brought up as the daughter of Elizabeth's parents, William and Catherine Dowling.
It appears that Eva never discovered her true parentage e.g. NSW Death registration ( only discovered this morning)and familial obituaries that listed her as a sister rather than a niece.

She marrried William Judd and lived in Woodbine St Bowral until at least 1955 when William died. My problem is I have been unable to locate a burial for Eva. Her death was registered as Ena rather than Eva, 1967 Balmain. She doesn't appear to have had a probate record and she doesn't appear to have been buried at Rookwood. I'm not even really certain as to why she was at Balmain.

Any suggestions on where I could go to next would be gratefully accepted.
I have traced some of her children and their marriages, but at present have reached a dead end.

Perhaps the death cert is my only option.
Regards
Wren 

Offline Cazay

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Eva MAy Judd
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 15 November 08 11:17 GMT (UK) »
If you get the death certificate it will give all her children's names and ages and whether or not they are still living, also you will then know her place of burial and perhaps an explanation as to why the death was registered at Balmain.

Do you know about the transcription agents, costs are about $15 (cheaper than the certificates).  Details are on the NSW bdm website.

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au

Cazay
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Essex; Livermore, Barker  Norfolk; Wood, Lack, Spurgeon, Long Wiltshire; Ricketts, Sealey, Dew  Lincs; Drage  Cumberland; McNicol, Bowman  Lancashire; Brogden, Davis

Offline wren

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 15 November 08 20:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cazay
Thanks. At this stage as she isn't a direct line I was triyng to avoid purchasinga cert, but its becoming increasingly obvious trhat I will have to go down that path. The onl other alternative isto perhpas trawl through the Sydney morning herald deaths for 1967. Just htought there might have been an easier way. Silly Me.
Thanks again
Regards
Wren

Offline Cazay

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 16 November 08 00:28 GMT (UK) »
Oh Wren, that would be a big trek through the newspapers for that year  ???
If you had a rough idea of the date it wouldn't be so bad.

You could get just three fields checked, such as date and place of death, date and place of burial plus one other field.  At the moment Marilyn Rowan has a sale on and it would cost you $9.90.  A single item would be cheaper.

Good luck with it

Cazay

Essex; Livermore, Barker  Norfolk; Wood, Lack, Spurgeon, Long Wiltshire; Ricketts, Sealey, Dew  Lincs; Drage  Cumberland; McNicol, Bowman  Lancashire; Brogden, Davis

Offline wren

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 16 November 08 01:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cazay
Guess what ! Annie very generously found her, but I didn't know that and I went to the library and found her 8th January, how lucky is that. THis time it took me fifteen minutes.

I quite regularly do the trail through the Heralds BDMs, have been very lucky so far.
I know I take the long way round sometimes.
Thanks again
Wren

Offline Cazay

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 17 November 08 00:37 GMT (UK) »
Great, that you found it so quickly   ;D

Offline CassT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 17 November 08 20:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wren

Congrats on finding her,

Could I ask a question, where was she buried, I am on the same  hunt a death registered in Balmain in 1961 and I have had no luck at Rookwood.

I thought I would try Cazay's suggestion and purchase a certificate with three fields but wondered where your Eva was buried 

Cass

Offline wren

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 18 November 08 05:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cazay
She was buried at Rookwood, but there is no headstone according to the Rookwood microfiche. I could go down the path of contacting Rookwood, I'm sure there would be a burial record there. Prior to her death she had moved from Bowral to Hornsby. The fact that she died at Balmain makes me think that maybe she had Alzheimers and was at Rozelle.
all conjecture.
But her funeral left St Peter's Anglican Church Hornsby!
Confused- just slightly.
Wren

Offline Tobias87

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 25 February 20 22:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi wren, Eva May was my great great grandmother and I am trying to find information on her, which is pretty difficult. Do you know who her father was? And why Elizabeth’s parents took her. I see Elizabeth went on to get married and have children that she kept. Any information would be great