Author Topic: Eva MAy Judd  (Read 2912 times)

Offline wren

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Eva MAy Judd
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 26 February 20 06:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tobias
Have sent you a personal message. I am only too happy to share, but I have a fair bit of info which would be easier to send in a word doc. I'm really excited about this. So many people have helped me so often. I like to be able to pay it on when I can.
Regards
Wren

Offline wren

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 26 February 20 08:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tobias
Here's some info to be going on with. Eva's father was Robert Murphy. Lived Bungendore Labourer aged 55. eva was 19 at the time of Eva's birth. This information is not on any certificate. It was written in light pencil in the original Clerk of Petty sessions record. I saw this some years ago now.
Regards
Wren

Offline Tobias87

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 26 February 20 08:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi, was trying to send a personal message but seems I am not allowed. Wow, I have been trying for months to find out who Eva’s father was. So Robert Murphy was 55 at time of Eva’s birth. Any other info on him at all? Nationality?

Offline wren

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 26 February 20 08:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tobias
Now you have posted again you should be able to send a PM, I think. I have also tried to find Robert Murphy, no luck as yet. But I haven't given up trying. I'll have another look now that you have reinsured me. I just need to find another angle. I looked up electoral registers to no avail. eva was baptised at St Stephen's Mittagong at the age of 9. I can't seem to find it online. I will go back to the historical society and look at these registers again. She was baptised at the same time as her sister Jane, had her illegitimate son baptised. Catherine and William Dowling also raised this son. wow, it must have been a full house.
I hope we are able to connect.
Wren

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 26 February 20 09:05 GMT (UK) »
I think Tobias need to make 3 posts before a personal message can be sent. Just one more!  :)

Offline wren

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 26 February 20 09:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Thanks Maddie.
I hope its soon as I would really like to share the certs and info that I have. Some years ago I tried to contact someone who had posted about Eva on Ancestry but had the information that must have been on Eva's marriage or death certs. Sadly, I did not receive a reply. Elizabeth's sister Jane also had a son before she married and that family was also disbelieving. The incorrect spelling of the marriage surname also didn't help. It was a shame really because it is what it is. We can't sit in judgement of our ancestors as we didn't have to face their challenges and we don't know how we would have reacted given the same circumstances.
Wren

Online CassT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 11 April 20 06:07 BST (UK) »
Hi

Rookwood General now have a deceased search on their website, which indicates that Eva and William are buried in the same grave, I cannot find them on the Rookwood Disc, however when you zoom down to the grave site I "think" I can see a headstone

http://www.rookwoodcemetery.com.au/deceased-search-engine

Cass

William Judd  DATE OF BURIAL  8 JUL 1955  PLOT: 16B_ZONE D/#/1304

Others in this plot    Eva Judd

Offline wren

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 11 April 20 08:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Cass
Thanks. I will explore a little further. Although why William is buried at Rookwood is a bit out of left field because he died in Bowral. Unless they moved him when Eva died. As the rest of the immediate family had moved to Sydney by then this would make perfect sense. 
Tobias and I were  able to connect and I have sent him my information. I think sharing when possible is such an important part of what we do. Its also very exciting.
Thanks again
Wren