Author Topic: Alfred Charles Chell?Any ideas?  (Read 11907 times)

Offline westgal

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Alfred Charles Chell?Any ideas?
« Reply #54 on: Friday 13 March 09 18:08 GMT (UK) »
Hello all:  Just hoping this is the right forum to reach you.  Found you on Google in entering "Heathfox family in England"-->> your chats came up.  I am a descendant of a Heathfox.  My grandmother was a sister to Carmen Sybyl Fox.  There were 8 born in the Fox family, and 6 girls.  Carmen was the 6th born in Nov. 1890 according to family records.  Carmen Sybyl was born a Fox, and the "old man" just up and changed the family name just before the 1901 census, to Heathfox.  The parents of Carmen Sybyl were Henry Fox and Mary Eliz. Elden.  Carmen Sybyl Fox married Frederick Chell- I do not have any information re: him.  Carmen Sybyl and Frederick had one child, a daughter Carmen, who never married.  Carmen Sybyl had a nephew in London, Peter Lamprell-Jarret, who passed away about a decade ago.  And my father was a nephew, but recollected nothing.  That's about it.  Hope I have helped.  S. Brawn 

Offline Wortle

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Saturday 14 March 09 12:27 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the information Westgal.

Even though it isnt linking in anymore to where I thought I was going someone will find it useful one day I am sure. You certainly seem to have an interesting family too.

Are you going to do any further digging now?
Coleman, Colebrooke,(London) Gilson, Rattue, Matticks before 1780(Wessex)

Offline westgal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Saturday 14 March 09 16:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wortle:

Offline westgal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Saturday 14 March 09 22:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wortle et al:  I don't think Alfred Chell and my Frederick Chell are the same person, unless Alfred Chell was Fred's father, and that I don't know.  Generally, I'm not pursuing the Chell line.  I am interested in Heathfox (aka Fox before 1901) though, and any of Carmen Chell's Aunties and their descendants.  Several of the Heathfox girls came to Canada, including my grandmother, Muriel Heathfox.  Hope someone out there can help.  thx.  s.brawn

Offline Wortle

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Saturday 19 March 11 12:29 GMT (UK) »
I am still looking for the parents marriage as on Alfred Charles Marriage certificate he says his mothers name was Chell.
I still havent found an andrews/chell marriage though.

I have a prospect on the 1911 census called Alfred John Chell, 29 single no 78 ( corp?) RGA,  born Fulham and an acting bombardier, tracing him back puts him in paddington 1901 and Chelsea 1891.

Could someone do a forces marriage look upwith variants as we Shell and Clell have proved fruitful in searches:

Florence E Andrews to Alfred John Chell,  that would enable a birth Dec 1917.

Thanks
Coleman, Colebrooke,(London) Gilson, Rattue, Matticks before 1780(Wessex)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Sunday 20 March 11 20:47 GMT (UK) »
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)