Author Topic: Kincardine by Doune McLarens from Kirk Lane  (Read 30233 times)

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kincardine by Doune McLarens from Kirk Lane
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 03 December 08 00:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Fergie - have just sent you the Moss Census - big file so hope you have it o.k. be sure to let me know.
As always..patvp
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline Fergie38

• RootsChat Veteran
  • There's only one eF in Ferguson
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 03 December 08 11:25 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Pat.

That Moss Census is a brillient document. I spent ages last night looking through it and will now have to do some serious re-thinking about my ancestors location at that time.
My GGG grandfather, Peter Ferguson, was born in Kincardine in 1801 and I had assumed that they lived on the moss at that time. but neither him nor his parents, Donald and Marren, are on the Moss Census in 1814 although Peter was farming ( and clearing) at Robertson Lane in 1841.
So it's more head scratching and trying to figure out, if they were not on the Moss,  where were they ????

Fergie
Ferguson (Stirling & Parish of Kincardine) Stevenson (Bannockburn) Cowan (Stirling) McLean (Glasgow,  Dundee & Skye)

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 03 December 08 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Fergie -  ::) know exactly how you feel.

Think we may have gone through this before..have no Peter, but do have a Daniel c1803 born Callander his parents Daniel and Marrian Ferguson.  Daniel married Margaret McLaren.
Appears quite a few folk from Callander were on the Moss but so far cannot tie my lot in either.
Have forwarded an 1841 census with a couple of Feruson's on it, my lot are the McKay's at Laurencfield he (Alexander) must have bought "Rhinanclach"from James Stewart later !!! and am still trying to sort it all out.
Sometimes it is all so confusing LOL.
Talk later..Pat
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline Fergie38

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 03 December 08 21:54 GMT (UK) »
My peter Ferguson married Ann McNaughtan on 24 November 1824 in Kincardine.

The Ferguson's on the 1841 census don't have any connection to my lot. But then again...I have just now spotted one of my Donald/Daniel Ferguson's born 1807 which makes him the same age as the one in your census page . ???

Just uncovered a ledger dated 1912, that gives (among other things) a list opf tenants on Blairdrummond Estate and the rents they were paying.
There is only one 'Mrs McLaren' in Kirk Lane.
I can email you a copy of the page if you wish.

Fergie
Ferguson (Stirling & Parish of Kincardine) Stevenson (Bannockburn) Cowan (Stirling) McLean (Glasgow,  Dundee & Skye)

Offline annejan_1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 04 December 08 14:58 GMT (UK) »

Hi Fergie and Pat,  Glad you've found the 1814 census as interesting as I did.  Luckily my folks were all there on Kirk Lane:   McLarens at #3,  McGregors at #5 and McKerracchers farther up the lane at #32.

So, Fergie, you can see how nicely the account and sketch fit into the picture for me.

If anyone finds transcriptions for the old cemetary there - the one in your gravestone picture Fergie, I'd love to look for Duncan McLaren (b.Comrie 1784)  and his nephew Peter McLaren (b. 1825 Blair Drummond Moss & d. May, 1855 the Moss)

Happing hunting to all ......   Jan

Offline Fergie38

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 04 December 08 15:55 GMT (UK) »
I will keep a lookout for McLaren headstones the next time I visit Blairdrummond.
I don't know when that will be though.
Can I assume that you have seen the McLaren's listed in the 1851 index for the Parish of Kincardine.

Cheers.

Offline annejan_1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 04 December 08 19:08 GMT (UK) »

No,  I don't believe I have seen the 1851 index - hard to get going from Canada. I'm just going to have to get there to wander these places and spend time in archives etc.  :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.     Cheers!   Jan

Offline Fergie38

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 04 December 08 20:09 GMT (UK) »
Jan.
You have an email.

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 04 December 08 22:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jan and Fergie - Well at least you two are getting somewhere..am still looking for a marriage of Daniel Ferguson and Margaret McLaren  ??? can't find one anywhere SP or IGI that's in Port of Monteith or Callander..what a conundrum  ;D
too hot and sticky to do anything this morning..looks like rain.
as always Pat