Author Topic: Arklow Cemetery Records Help  (Read 26935 times)

Offline arklow registrar

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Arklow Cemetery Records Help
« Reply #9 on: Friday 05 August 11 23:24 BST (UK) »
hi. my name is Colin O' Reilly.
I am the registrar of St. Gabriels Cemetery Arklow.
I know everything there is to know about it. I also hold all the records.
If i may be of assistance you can contact me.

Offline Cara2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 14 December 11 07:57 GMT (UK) »
in the libary in arklow you can look up the book of the dead.. you cannot take these from the place.. they list all graves in arklow..

Sorry to refute this but they do not list all the deaths or indeed all the headstones of Arklow

The cemetery book is housed in a private home in Arklow and can only be viewed by a visit by appointment to said home.

I suggest you look at the IGP Progect site for headstones for said area as well or contact Peggy Leonard she herself has transcribed ALL headstones for Emoclew which is the graveyard you are seeking Flood people just inside top gate RH side

Cheers
CL

Offline gina45

• RootsChat Member
  • Catherine Leahy and Francis Meates
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 14 December 11 22:39 GMT (UK) »
yes i am also aware of this as this gentleman helped me find my uncles grave and my greatgrandfather... but before i found out about him a year ago i was told to check the records in the library and yes i didnt find them helpful .. but the gentleman is of great help
brennan o reilly leahy regan moore howlin meates/mates penston, toole, crowley adams

Offline gina45

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 14 December 11 22:41 GMT (UK) »
peggy lenoard also went to this gentleman for information so i suggest you try him as he has the actual plans of the graveyard and who is in it.. if anyone wants to contact him if you contact me i will give you his phone number
brennan o reilly leahy regan moore howlin meates/mates penston, toole, crowley adams

Offline gina45

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 14 December 11 22:42 GMT (UK) »
colin o reilly is the mans name and he left a comment underneath mine . so anyone can send him an email and request his help

Offline Dublin2011

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 22 February 12 18:47 GMT (UK) »
Dear Colin
I just saw this post on rootschat and wondered if you could help me at all?
My gg grandmother died on 9th Jan 1915 in Arklow.  Her name was Ellen Elliott (nee Kenny) and was approx 80 years old and lived on Wexford Road.  Her husband (William Elliott) died 26 July 1871 at the age of 48, her son Robert Elliott died 6 Jan 1871 age 3 from scarletina, a month before her son William was born in Feb 1871.
William moved to Dublin in 1901 (he married Mary English from Arklow) but died in 1913.  So Ellen, his mother, outlived them all.
It looks like a neighbor registered Ellen's death (Mary Murphy) in March 1915.  Would you know if any of the family are buried either together or separately in Arklow Cemetery ? 
Any info on the Elliotts would be greatly received.
Incidently, I also have a record of a Margaret Elliott born 28.04.1856 to William and Ellen but they didn't marry until November 1867.  I have no record of what happened to her, whether she lived/married/died young.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you
Brady, Nolan, Fitzpatrick, Roe, Geoghegan, Gillespie, McCormick/McCormack - Dublin
Elliott, English - Arklow, Wicklow
Costello - Clones, Wexford

Offline felixlee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 03 June 18 16:43 BST (UK) »
hi. my name is Colin O' Reilly.
I am the registrar of St. Gabriels Cemetery Arklow.
I know everything there is to know about it. I also hold all the records.
If i may be of assistance you can contact me.

Dear Mr O'Reilly,

I saw your post about Arklow cemetery and as I’ve got ancestry from Arklow I wondered whether you might be able to provide me with some information.

My great-grandparents James O’Neill (10/11/1890-1978) and Anne/Annie Redmond (24/08/1890-1965) were born in Arklow and later emigrated to England. James’ parents were James O’Neill (born about 1850 in County Carlow, died 4 May 1941 in Arklow) and Kate Kehoe (born about 1848 in County Wexford, died in 1923 in Arklow). Anne’s parents, I believe, were Michael Redmond and Sarah O’Neill, presumably born in Arklow as well. I was wondering whether you would have any information on them or know whether those of them who died in Arklow are buried in Arklow cemetery and, if so, were I might want to search were I to visit in the future.

Thank you,
Felix Lee

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 03 June 18 16:58 BST (UK) »
There are 470 photos taken by Joyce and Yvonne on IGP (aleady mentioned_) have you checked these?

http://www.igp-web.com/IGPArchives/ire/wicklow/photos/tombstones/arklow.htm
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 03 June 18 17:00 BST (UK) »
100's and 1000's of headstone for Wicklow online, searchable

http://www.igp-web.com/IGPArchives/ire/wicklow/photos/tombstones/markers.htm
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.