Author Topic: Elizabeth Dickinson (nee Jardine) - Langholm  (Read 9117 times)

Offline TMCC

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Dickinson (nee Jardine) - Langholm
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 03 October 19 17:41 BST (UK) »
I am currently researching a Roll of Honour for Langholm and wonder if you may have a photo of Roy Dickinson which could be included.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Offline Jan in Wales

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 21 October 19 05:27 BST (UK) »
I have just received a copy of some of the 'My soldier' work from my cousin. It was lovely to see the work of the students. I have some postcards Roy sent to my Granny from France. He sent her a card for her 19th Birthday on 23rd October 2018,  apologising for it being early - in case he couldn't send it later. He was killed on 11th October. I will scan them and email the Academy.

Offline Jan in Wales

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 21 October 19 11:51 BST (UK) »
I am not able to reply to Timothy privately, but please check the photographs you have obtained as the ones recently published in the Langholm paper were not Roy and Lizzie. It may be Arthur and Edith. Roy's elder brother and his wife. Arthur who was 2 years older than Roy, was killed in action on September 2018. I have sent two photographs, taken from Elizabeth's locket, to the paper and can send more once I have fully unpacked. we have recently moved house and the old albums have not yet emerged!