Author Topic: Hutton, Duff  (Read 5219 times)

Offline tigerquoll

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hutton, Duff
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 22 November 08 08:16 GMT (UK) »
Wozzle
You are a beauty!!!!  I hadnt found any record of Roberts birth in Forgandenny so this could explain it. I had not expected to be able to check out Roberts parents. If I get his death certificate would that be able to confirm where he came from? Do you know if there is a cemetery at Forgandenny or would they have been buried at a larger centre?

Cheers Janine
David Wallace HAY, Helena DAVIDSON , Alexander HUTTON , Elizabeth JOHNSTON, Arthur JOHNSON, Agnes McPAKE, Mary McPEAKE, Mary JOHNSTON, Margaret JOHNSTON, Mildred Rose HARRISON, Francis HARRISON, Mary SOUTH, William WILLIAMS, Charles DUFF, Grace LESLIE

Offline wozzle

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 22 November 08 08:24 GMT (UK) »
i am afraid i do not know the answer to your question but i am sure if you started a new topic on the pethshire board someone with a better knowledge of scotland than me would be able to tell you.
mick.
p.s. on your original post you said that alexander was born in 1862 and emigrated in 1859?
the birthdate or the emigration date is obviously wrong
cattell,alcester
vickers,sulgrave
hewish,holborn
manley,bethnal green
barnes,bassingbourn

Offline wozzle

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 22 November 08 08:25 GMT (UK) »
i have looked for ages for some of the others but strangely i cannot find any of them
cattell,alcester
vickers,sulgrave
hewish,holborn
manley,bethnal green
barnes,bassingbourn

Offline tigerquoll

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 22 November 08 09:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mick,

Woops, I accidently typed in Alexanders marriage date! He was really born in 1838. Makes more sense that way. Perhaps some of his brothers and sisters emigrated too? They do seem to drop off the radar. I know there are alot of Huttons in Tasmania and New Zealand. They had to come from somewhere. I'll have to check the passenger lists again.
I wonder how Alexander could afford the fare? He was an agricultural laborer. Can't tell me they made good money.

Regards
Janine
David Wallace HAY, Helena DAVIDSON , Alexander HUTTON , Elizabeth JOHNSTON, Arthur JOHNSON, Agnes McPAKE, Mary McPEAKE, Mary JOHNSTON, Margaret JOHNSTON, Mildred Rose HARRISON, Francis HARRISON, Mary SOUTH, William WILLIAMS, Charles DUFF, Grace LESLIE

Offline areyousure

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 14 November 09 17:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I also have Huton & duff in my tree. would live to hear from you.  Kathleen

Offline BobH_au

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 22 February 20 02:56 GMT (UK) »
I am a descendant of John Hutton b 1828 Forgandenny, Per, Sct.
He migrated to Australia in 1852 and married Martha Pender (1830-1905) on 1857-08-07 in Maitland, NSW, Aus.
He died on 1921-11-21 (aged 92) and is buried in Melbourne Cemetery (Pres M 1280).
I have his marriage and death certificates and a photo of his grave.

Offline tigerquoll

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 22 February 20 06:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Nice to hear from you, John Hutton was my 3rd great uncle so I'm not to sure what relative that would make us! So many of the Huttons immigrated to Australia and New Zealand. Economic times were very hard in Scotland and  many of the people of Forgandenny left.

cheers Janine

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 22 February 20 08:31 GMT (UK) »
i am afraid i do not know the answer to your question but i am sure if you started a new topic on the pethshire board someone with a better knowledge of scotland than me would be able to tell you.
mick.
There is a parish kirkyard in Forgandenny. Any surviving burial records will be in the care of Perth and Kinross Council.

It is not a good idea to start new threads about people who are the subject of an existing thread - much better to keep all the information on the same family together in one thread.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline BobH_au

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 22 February 20 09:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Nice to hear from you, John Hutton was my 3rd great uncle so I'm not to sure what relative that would make us! So many of the Huttons immigrated to Australia and New Zealand. Economic times were very hard in Scotland and  many of the people of Forgandenny left.

cheers Janine

If your great great grandparent had John Hutton as a brother, that would make us 4th cousins, by my counting.

Cheers, Bob.