Author Topic: Emigrants to Gilbert Islands, South Pacific  (Read 12500 times)

Offline Telepa Temoana

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Emigrants to Gilbert Islands, South Pacific
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 24 January 19 11:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi everybody, my name is Telepa Temoana and I come from Robert David Corrie and his first wife Taoniti Corrie who is from Maiana island in Kiribati formerly known as The Gilbert and Ellice islands. One of Robert and Taoniti's son is Alexander. He went to Ellice islands now known as Tuvalu, to do trading there and met his wife Fetukula. They had two daughters, Mary (Meli) and Samalia. Samalia had many children and one of her son is Iosefa (Joseph) who is my grandfather. Alexander travelled alot to Fiji and also had a wife in Fiji. They had children everywhere. I met an old woman in Suva Fiji named Emily while I was schooling there, she is a granddaughter of Alexander and his wife in Fiji. I reside in Christchurch New Zealand.

Offline Dimianne

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Emigrants to Gilbert Islands, South Pacific
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 09 January 21 20:29 GMT (UK) »
Mauri! I am one of the Corries from Fiji but live in Kiribati now. Surprisingly, just yesterday we had a family reunion for Robert David Corrie's children, namely Benjamin Corrie, Agnes Corrie and Alexander Corrie's direct descendents. My father's grandmother, Nei Tiaon is the daughter of Benjamin Corrie.