Author Topic: Ancrum Turnbulls  (Read 12781 times)

Offline Wendidgo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ancrum Turnbulls
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 23 January 10 03:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jennie, this is really amazing, I was just looking at all the work Jim and I have done in the last several years about an hour ago. We will gladly share any info that will help you. Just tonight Jim and I talked about going through the many pages again, so this weekend will be an interesting one. Thanks again, looking forward to comparing notes and filling in blanks. Wendy

Offline Wendidgo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 23 January 10 14:14 GMT (UK) »
Good morning Jennie, was just chatting with my brother and we would like to know where you got all the information on Richard and Isabellas family.We have tried to find more children of theirs and were so surprised to see how large the family is. If you would like to email me directly that would be awesome, and as I said last night, we will go through all we have and share with you. We only knew of two children, so if we can find more siblings there might be some more family for our mother, who thought she only had one cousin from the family. Happy Hunting and digging. LOL Wendy

Offline GeorgeRoberts529

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 26 February 12 22:49 GMT (UK) »
I know this thread has be inactive for a couple of years, but here's my bit to add.
Causewayend seems to be a house on the north side of the village green in Ancrum. The Davidsons lived there, followed by the family of George Hardie (married to Elizabeth Davidson) until at least the 1920s. If anyone knows better, I'd love to have the information. I've been to the village once and it is largely unchanged from family photos taken in the 1920s.

Offline Terie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 27 February 12 16:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello George,are you interested in Turnbull families in Ancrum or the Causewayend area of Ancrum?
Locally the area between the village school and the village green is known as Causewayend,
if you have a connection to any of the Ancrum Turnbulls we would love to know about it,thanks,
Amanda.
Robson,Hawick.
Dodds,Hawick
Huggan,Hawick.
Burns,Hawick.
Brash,Hawick.
Crawford,Lilliesleaf.
Hislop,Lilliesleaf.
Pollock,Roxburghshire.
Whillans,Wheelans,Scotland.
Kennedy,Ancrum.

Offline GeorgeRoberts529

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 27 February 12 17:45 GMT (UK) »
Hello from Canada and thanks for the clarification - much appreciated. The only  Turnbull that shows up in my Ancrum ancestors is Robert Turnbull Aitkin who married Mary Scott Hardie of Ancrum in 1871. He was a bootmaker in Jedburgh. She was my gggrandmother's sister. I assume his mother was probably a Turnbull, but have no documentary evidence
George Roberts

Offline Terie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 29 February 12 18:41 GMT (UK) »
Hello George,

I know it's a long shot but looking through my Turnbull notes I have a Robert Notman age 22 of Hawick marrying Isabella Knox Turnbull age 21yrs of Jedburgh, her father George Turnbull,mother Elizabeth Turnbull,ms Hardie. They were married at Ancrum 27th April 1928.Witness,William H Turnbull.

Also from Ancrum churchyard; George Hogg Turnbull died 28th Oct 1958 age 78yrs &
wife Elizabeth Wright Hardie died 1950 age 69yrs.

Could this be on your tree???
Amanda.
Robson,Hawick.
Dodds,Hawick
Huggan,Hawick.
Burns,Hawick.
Brash,Hawick.
Crawford,Lilliesleaf.
Hislop,Lilliesleaf.
Pollock,Roxburghshire.
Whillans,Wheelans,Scotland.
Kennedy,Ancrum.

Offline Jimini

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 28 April 15 00:18 BST (UK) »
Hello Amanda, it's been a few years!
 We have learned so much thus far, but have had trouble getting details on Richard and his parents and beyond. I have tried to locate Geri but have had no luck, is she still in touch with you?

Thanks for your help,
Jim