Author Topic: The Lacey's  (Read 7838 times)

Offline Travlet

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The Lacey's
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 05 August 09 18:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Pipz,
thanks for the mountain of information! Do you have any idea if Sarah Ann Gales father was John Bowman Gale or just John Bowman? Sarah Ann Gale had Chas out of wedlock and did she have Robert out of wedlock too or was that within the marriage? When you have put = I presume you mean they married?  If you put b.d. for the same date, that means they were born and also died in the same year?  Also, at the end of your message, you say that they were the children of William Lacey of Walesby and Ann Merrill of Laxton - who were their children?
Have started to check the information as you said there may be the odd error. I have Sarah Ann Gale born in 1869 and you have her born in 1867 which is fair enough, think you are right and she was born in Southwell, Notts.
I have lots to look at but thanks again for the info - we thought there was a child born out of wedlock called Charlie so the Chas fits and confirms it!
Hope to hear from you soon,
Travlet

Offline pipz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 05 August 09 19:11 BST (UK) »
 Hi, her father was john bowman, her mother sarah gale 1841 was single. her first child was charles robert, don't know the father.i wrote the tree out going backwards, so william and ann were the parents of william 1776 and his siblings andrew, eliz, robert,ann, jas., eliz.,rob.,moses,etc. perhaps wasn't clear as i didn't space them out as the reply box wasn't working properly. i've edtited it now and spaced them out.

sarah ann worked for a charles cawthorne in tuxford so i did wonder if he was the father of her baby or maybe he was kind to her so she named the baby after him. Charles doesn't seem to be a name that the gales used.

two sprowell brothers ( i think ) md two gale sisters. wm. sprowell = marcey gale and marcey's illig. son john gale 1815-1903 = jane slaney was sarah ann's grandfather.

= means md. b.d. born/died.

regards, pipz.

Offline Travlet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 05 August 09 19:39 BST (UK) »
Pipz,
many thanks for answering my questions. Have been looking at Moses Lacey and there is an entry for imprisonment. I suppose I would have to look further into the place of judgement or imprisonment to find out if it is the right Moses, as there appears to be 2 of them.
Travlet

Offline pipz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 05 August 09 20:14 BST (UK) »
Sorry , I don't know about that. I know more about the Gales really as they are a closer part of my family. Several families intermarried in the area so both sides of my family are related way back as is my brother in law.People didn't travel far then so md within the village and also md. their cousins.

I wonder what Moses did. Probably something trivial, I have someone on my tree who was deported for stealing milk but he is believed to have taken the blame for someone else.

Cheers,

Pipz.

Offline Travlet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 05 August 09 21:10 BST (UK) »
Pipz,
unfortunately it seems a little more serious than stealing milk. Will keep you updated of any new finds,
thanks again,
Travlet

Offline pipz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 06 August 09 12:41 BST (UK) »
 Hi Travlet,

It will be interesting to know. There were several called Moses, which one was it, where did you find the info.

Regards,

Pipz.

Offline Travlet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 06 August 09 18:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Pipz,
found it on Ancestry, under search all records. Looks like an unfortunate entanglement with an animal! Probably won't be the same Moses but it could fit. Will need to look into it further. There is also another relative who was charged with something or other. All possibilities that need researching. Will keep you posted.
Travlet

Offline pipz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 06 August 09 18:07 BST (UK) »
Thanks, I'm not a paying member of Ancestry, so only view the freebies.

Pipz.

Offline Travlet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 08 August 09 18:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Pipz,
Which free sites do you use? Am aware of Roots (obviously) and FreeBMD. Although am subscribed to Ancestry for a year, good to know of other sites to try.
Thanks,
Travlet