Author Topic: Walter Reginald Benjamin Tutton  (Read 6018 times)

Offline Marky90125

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Walter Reginald Benjamin Tutton
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 15:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Namaste, I can't thank you enough for this, it's going to make an old man very happy.  Thank you so much.

Regards

Mark

Offline namaste

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 15:11 BST (UK) »
So now that I'm feelin' a wee bit more confident....

...attaching pics of Great Grandfather George Tutton and Great Grandmother Alice Jane Westmore....

Cheers!

Offline Marky90125

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 16:30 BST (UK) »
Thank you Namaste, this is fascinating, my Dad is chuffed to bits to see what his own Dad looked like for the very first time. 

Regards

Mark

Offline namaste

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 17:27 BST (UK) »
Dear Cousin (once removed?  Can never figure out that stuff!)

You're most welcome.  Most pleased to have been of service. 

Offline bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 19:32 BST (UK) »
I love a Rootschat thread that has a happy ending.  ;D
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Marky90125

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 19:33 BST (UK) »
I did wonder what the right title of the relationship is.  I forwarded the photographs to my parents and two brothers and some of their children, it's got them all very excited, as both of my parents are only children my generation don't have uncles, aunts, cousins etc. so our immediate family is quite small.

Have you been researching our family long?  This is my second attempt, about 15 years ago I started out trying to find out if Walter was still alive and if he'd had any more children; eventually a friend of mine turned up is death certificate and having checked the birth records up until his death, concluded that there were no half brothers/ sisters of my Dad.

My Dad had a rough year last year and it galvanised me into action to try to find out some more about my Walter, while my Dad was still alive.  My wish was to find a photograph of Walter as my Dad has no idea of what his own Dad looked like, so you can imagine what this means to him.

Are there aby gaps I might be able to fill in for you?

Mark

Offline namaste

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 23:43 BST (UK) »
Cousin Mark - just to correct myself - I believe we are 2nd cousins - as your grandfather Walter and my grandfather Isaac were brothers.  That makes your dad and my dad cousins...and you and I second cousins.  However you slice it...we're related. 

Every now and then I google the ol' Tutton name ...that's how I came across your posting.  One of our cousins (who has since passed) prepared a booklet in 1997 of the family from George and Alice on down.  You are most welcome to a copy of the booklet, and let me say, with 13 aunts and uncles and all their various offspring, you have plenty of kinfolk.  Most are still in England, while we are in Canada. 
And yes, would be delighted to update the list with your info.  Perhaps we can communicate in another way other than the chat board?

I am very pleased to have provided your dad with some closure.  Please give him a hug from me. 

Cheers ~ Virginia

Offline Marky90125

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 22 April 09 18:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Virginia,

My email address is (*), the booklet sounds fascinating, would be great to have a copy.  When I hear from you, I'll send what I have, it's not much as i tracks back from my Dad to George and beyond. 

Regards

Mark

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php