Author Topic: Winifred May INGRAM (or WILLIAMS)  (Read 19810 times)

Offline ejan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Winifred May INGRAM (or WILLIAMS)
« Reply #81 on: Sunday 01 January 17 11:42 GMT (UK) »
Ooops,thanks Merlin
I've reposted
ejan :

Offline ejan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Sunday 01 January 17 12:11 GMT (UK) »
Winifred May Ingram was my Grandmother.  She was married to Roy Scheller and they had three girls - Dorothy (my mother), Edna and Irene.  They moved to Adelaide due to my Grandfather's health.  She was widowed in 1939 and remarried a Reginald Andrew and widowed again in 1962.  She never remarried and spent her last years living with my mother and father in St Peters, SA.  She died in 1982.  She never spoke of her parents or if she had any siblings so it was surprising to find information about her. 

Offline Siouxsie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My grandmother, Myrtle Isabel
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Sunday 01 January 17 18:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ejan,

My grandmother was Winifred's half sister and used to visit her in Adelaide occasionally, something the family didn't know until after she had died. She went by the name of Millie (short for Amelia). Winifred's other half sister was Irene.

I thought you might like to see a photo of both of her half sisters........my grandmother is on the left.

Cheers

Susie
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Hutton : Edinburgh, Scotland
Downey : England
Ingram: St George East, Middlesex and New Zealand
Roberts : Grafton, NSW
Blackadder : Grafton, NSW
Gillett : Grafton, NSW
Brocklebank :Carkettle, Lancashire
Bowes : Ulverston, Lancashire
Rose : Bo'ness, Linlithgowshire, Scotland
Kelleher:County Cork, Ireland
Shepherd : Helpringham, Lincolnshire

Offline ejan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: Monday 02 January 17 06:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Siouxsie
Thank you so much for replying to my post.  My mother Dorothy was the eldest of Winifred's three daughters. Winifred's youngest daughter died at 2 years, 11 months in Port Pirie, and the middle daughter, Edna died at 16 years in Adelaide, so we were her only grandchildren. My siblings and I never knew of Nanna's history prior to her marrying my Grandfather Roy Scheller.  It was just given that we wern't to ask, so it is so wonderful to be able to find this information about her.  Iv'e attached a young photo of her and one taken in the Adelaide Botanic Gardens.  Winifred is on the far right with my mother Dorothy next to her and me in front as a young girl.  I've never known who the other 2 ladies are, but wonder if the lady next to my mother is your Grandmother?  I've also attached a photo of my mother Dorothy and my Dad Alfred Mayfield as I don't know if you agree, but I can see a resemblance between my mother and your Grandmother.
Again, from my siblings and myself, a big thank you.  Also attached is a photo of Winifred, her husband Roy and my mother taken in Port Pirie.
Elaine

Offline ejan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Monday 02 January 17 06:41 GMT (UK) »
I missed attaching the photo of Nanna, Roy and my mother taken in Port Pirie so here tis.
I am happy to supply other photo's and information if you would like.
Elaine

Offline Siouxsie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My grandmother, Myrtle Isabel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: Monday 02 January 17 08:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Elaine,

Wow.......your grandmother looks very much like mine....especially as they got older! Neither of the women in the photo are my grandmother, alas.
Many thanks for the information about Winifred and her life. I will add these details to my family tree information.
Here is my grandmother as an older woman.......they look so alike! And, my grandmother, her sister, Irene and Kathleen, her half sister, with her father.
Happy for you to contact me for any further info.......my photo albums are currently packed as we are moving house so these are a couple that I have on my computer.

Cheers

Susie
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Hutton : Edinburgh, Scotland
Downey : England
Ingram: St George East, Middlesex and New Zealand
Roberts : Grafton, NSW
Blackadder : Grafton, NSW
Gillett : Grafton, NSW
Brocklebank :Carkettle, Lancashire
Bowes : Ulverston, Lancashire
Rose : Bo'ness, Linlithgowshire, Scotland