Author Topic: Lost Great Grandmas  (Read 924 times)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lost Great Grandmas
« on: Wednesday 26 November 08 00:38 GMT (UK) »
Help! Can anyone suggest anything which will help me to trace my great grandmother?She appears only once to my knowledge in any records although the fact that I do not know her maiden name means she is in records but I can not recognise the entry as her. Born about 1849 as the only record she appears in is the 1891 Census where her  age is  42 -her name is Ester(not Esther although that may be a spelling mistake tn the part of the enumerator) and was a dressmaker born Pinchbeck Fen.She is listed as married but there is no man of the same surname present on the night of the census ie. Johnson. However my grandfather her son, is named as Henry Addy aged 20 born Norwell   Nottinghamshire and on his marriage cert in 1896 his father is listed as Henry Addy. Deceased Blacksmith. So either Ester re-married before 1891 or she may not have been married to Henry Addy the Blacksmith but either way there is no maiden name to search for so I can`t get a .Birth cert. for my grandad Quite a lot of documents were lost when grandads` house was bombed during the war . So:- Ester Johnson aged 42 in the 1891 census .Dressmaker born pinchbeck Fen. married and living at 5 Reather Street rSt George`s Parish St.Michaels District Manchester.

See also www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,344262.msg2228102.html#msg2228102