Author Topic: Is the Birmingham 1861 Census Searchable?  (Read 948 times)

Offline dib44

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Is the Birmingham 1861 Census Searchable?
« on: Saturday 05 February 05 19:56 GMT (UK) »
Can AKS  please tell me if there is a searchable index for the Saint Pauls District of Birmingham on the 1861 census ?

I would like to request a look up if the 1861 census is searchable by name please folks.

On another point , It was a very wet & grey Saturday afternoon in Bromsgrove, Worc, UK  so I spent the afternoon logging on everyone of my ancestors on the 1881 census I could find, on  to http://www.lostcousins.com/ not sure if I will be successful or not in making a connection but hers keeping my fingers crossed.

Has anyone else made a connection on lostcousins.com yet ?

Kind regards.

Ray Begley

Offline PamH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Is the Birmingham 1861 Census Searchable?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 26 April 05 19:04 BST (UK) »
On another point , It was a very wet & grey Saturday afternoon in Bromsgrove, Worc, UK  so I spent the afternoon logging on everyone of my ancestors on the 1881 census I could find, on  to http://www.lost cousins.com/ not sure if I will be successful or not in making a connection but hers keeping my fingers crossed.

Has anyone else made a connection on lost cousins.com yet ?

Kind regards.

Ray Begley

Hi Ray

Just joined this forum and have been looking through all my known areas of research and came across your post.

I joined "Lost cousins" a few weeks ago and have had a contact with a family member.  I like you were a bit sceptical but they do come through.  The more rels you can pull off the 1881 the better.  I need to go back on and put more there.

The trouble is when you don't know who exactly are your true rels?  The more people that join in the better the results will be.

regards

pam H.
Ainsworth, Meletto/Milito/Maletto-Bolton, <br />Blackmore- Widnes, Radcliffe, Devon.<br />Boyes- Devon, Kent.<br />Bradley- Windle, Sefton<br />Fisher- Blackburn, St Helens<br />Greenhalgh- Bury, Radcliffe, USA<br />Hennefer/Hennifer/Henefer/Henneford- Bolton, Derbyshire, Staffordshire, Worc, Warw,<br />Kenwright- Widnes, Runcorn<br />Knowles- Sefton, Formby<br />Sutton- Homer Green, Sefton, Lunt, St Helens, Formby<br />Thompson- St Helens<br />Thrush- St Helens, Yorks.<br />Ware-Devon, Surrey

Offline CatOne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Is the Birmingham 1861 Census Searchable?
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 May 05 14:29 BST (UK) »
Who are you looking for in Birmingham in 1861? Will have a look on ancestry.com for you.

Catherine  :)
Dunning/Downing, Osborn/e, Astley -Cheshire/Birmingham/Middlesex
Fanthorpe/Hall/Driffill/Storm - Lincolnshire
Bower/Woodward/Bingham/Pettinger/Shaw - Nottinghamshire
Shaw, Marland - Lancashire
Broph(e)y - Queens County, Ireland
Richards - Neath Swansea
Hunt/Fox - Lincs, Waterfield/Middleton - Staffs
Hart/Harland/Askew/Scales - Yorkshire
Brereton/Vickers - Cheshire
Gleaves/Sandford/Hulse/Hulme - Wolstanton/Audley Staffs
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov