Author Topic: Headstone Transcripts COMPLETED  (Read 581 times)

Offline tyr

• RootsChat Senior
  • Ted
    • View Profile
Headstone Transcripts COMPLETED
« on: Sunday 06 February 05 05:34 GMT (UK) »
Hello all!
Can anyone tell me how I might obtain a headstone transcript for a relative who is buried within the church itself? (James RICHES, d. 1803)
Thank you for taking the trouble to read my request.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk uk

1700 - 1850 (Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire): RICHES, BOND, MONEY, FOSTER, POTTER, MOBS. COPELAND
1750 - > (Devon, Hampshire) HUTTON, LONGMAN
STEED from Kent
PERRETT from Wiltshire

Offline teddybear1843

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Headstone Transcripts Wiggenhall, St Mary
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 February 05 20:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi there

You could drop an e-mail to the local Church Warden if they are listed in a search. If not, try the telephone directory to see if there is a shop in the village still or a school, ring up & ask. 

If this all draws a blank you can try to locate a history of the Church in the Norfolk Churches website.

If all else fails you could pay a local to go in and take a transcription or photographs or both!

Best of luck.

Teddybear
Bear, Burrows, Burroughs, Goll, Mayes, Yull, Bacon, Harvey, Fenn, Youngman, Jary, Lake, Chesney, Yaxley, Freestone, Briggs, Carrington, Frarey, Blaxter, Bennefer, Gosman, Howard, Wildman, Woodbine, Jessop, Taylor, Walpole, etc etc  all in Norfolk.
Weasenham village history and families connected to the villages of Weasenham All Saints & Saint Peter in Norfolk.  Happy to carry out research in Norfolk.  Please PM for details.

Offline bekahsgran

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 06 February 05 21:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I don't know if this is of any help to you, but I actually live a few miles away from Wiggenhall St Mary's and if you can wait a few days, I would be willing to go to the church and photograph and transcribe the headstone for you.
Do you mean by 'buried in the church itself' that the stone is inside the church?
If you send me a personal message with your email address then I will email the pic and transcription later in the week, (thats if you'd like me to do it?)
Anne
<br /><br />Websdale, Jillings, Lovett, Savage, Egmore, Seymour, Graves, Hustler, Stannard<br />in Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire<br />Condrit, Condrat, Condrut, Tyler, Hunter and Evans in NSW Australia

http://www.tilneyallsaintsonline.org.uk
Local History for TILNEY ALL SAINTS, Norfolk<br /><br />Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bekahsgran

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 06 February 05 21:37 GMT (UK) »
PS

Hi Again
Just one more question, there are 2 Wiggenhall St Mary's
One is St Mary Magdalene and the other is St Mary the Virgin. Any idea which of the 2 it is?
Anne
<br /><br />Websdale, Jillings, Lovett, Savage, Egmore, Seymour, Graves, Hustler, Stannard<br />in Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire<br />Condrit, Condrat, Condrut, Tyler, Hunter and Evans in NSW Australia

http://www.tilneyallsaintsonline.org.uk
Local History for TILNEY ALL SAINTS, Norfolk<br /><br />Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline tyr

• RootsChat Senior
  • Ted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 10 February 05 08:29 GMT (UK) »
Thank you bekahsgran, you're an angel - we really appreciate your kind offer of help!

1700 - 1850 (Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire): RICHES, BOND, MONEY, FOSTER, POTTER, MOBS. COPELAND
STEED from Kent
PERRETT from Wiltshire

Offline tyr

• RootsChat Senior
  • Ted
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 12 February 05 11:30 GMT (UK) »
Humble apologies bekahsgran - the church is Wioggenhall St. Mary the Virgin
regards
tyr

STEED from Kent
PERRETT from Wiltshire