Author Topic: ROWE - Wilcove  (Read 6402 times)

Offline TAMOWEN4

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ROWE - Wilcove
« Reply #9 on: Monday 19 March 18 14:28 GMT (UK) »
Hazel, thank you for your message. As far as I can be certain the relations posted on rootschat are my wifes relations. I believe other members of her extended family have also researched the Rowe connection and found it to be accurate.
Edward McCafferty (born in Scotland) 1864 married Fanny G Rowe (born 1873 Newton Abbot England) in Greenock Renfrewshire Scotland 30th Dec 1891. Fanny died in Greenock 8th April 1912. it would seem Fanny Rowe had four siblings, all males. 3 born in Plymouth and a younger sibling born in Greenock. PM me if I can be of further help
kind regards
Tommy
Owen/s, Miller, McMillan, Hamilton, Clarke, McCafferty, Rowe, Sinclair, Jamieson. Hanson/Hansen.

Offline hazelgreen2519

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 19 March 18 15:38 GMT (UK) »
okay so can we contact and add each other to our tree's.... i am on ancestry under hazelgreen2519 and i have also had my dna done and am waiting to receive results on my father.... mine shows that i am not related to an individual that is linked into fanny g rowe who i thought had married a edward
 mccafferty and i am not sure if that is right because it links into a tree that dna says i am not related to. how certain are you on that connection and do you by any chance have the marriage of george and elizabeth so i can prove their parents.... i think we should share more info if you are willing

hazel

Offline Nova B

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 01 April 21 08:05 BST (UK) »
Hello from Canada! :-)

Edward McCafferty and Fanny Rowe are my maternal 2nd Great Grandparents. I descend through their daughter Catherine who married Hugh Bonnar.

I have been trying to connect with family and fill in some added branches on my Mum's tree before I do up a family book for her.

I would love to chat and share information. Please let me know if you're interested. Thank you!

Offline TAMOWEN4

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 01 April 21 20:15 BST (UK) »
Hi from Lanarkshire Scotland. The Rowe connection is my wife's family tree. I will check her family tree and get back to you as soon as I can.
Owen/s, Miller, McMillan, Hamilton, Clarke, McCafferty, Rowe, Sinclair, Jamieson. Hanson/Hansen.

Offline Nova B

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 02 April 21 03:15 BST (UK) »
Wonderful, thank you :-)

Offline TAMOWEN4

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 02 April 21 21:13 BST (UK) »
Hi, here is some of the information from my wifes family tree re the McCafferty/Rowe branches.

Fanny Rowe born Newton Abbot. Devon. England 1870. (Parents George Rowe and Elizabeth Ann Hall). Died Greenock. Renfrewshire. Scotland 8th April 1912 (possibly as a result of child birth?)

I don't know when the family Rowe moved to Scotland.

Fanny Rowe married Edward McCafferty in Greenock. Renfrewshire. Scotland in February 1867.

Edward and Fanny had several children all born in Greenock.
Alfred McCafferty. Catherine McCafferty born c1895? Edward Mcafferty 1897-1964 (this Edward was my wifes grandfather), Patrick McCafferty born c1899? and Fanny McCafferty born 1912. died c1989?

Note Edward McCafferty now a widower remarried in 1915 in St. Lawrence RC Church. Greenock.

Hopefully this ties up with your information.

Offline Nova B

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 06 April 21 02:15 BST (UK) »
Hi!
I apologise for the delay in my replying, my laptop battery decided to quit, so I haven't any access to my family information.
From what I can see, everything meshes as to it being the same family.
Thank you very much for sharing. 
Did your wife ever hear of Edward McCafferty (m. Fanny Rowe) going to a step dance competition in the USA (New York presumably) and having a nickname of "Wee Yankee" McCafferty?