Author Topic: Laptops  (Read 1988 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Laptops
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 04 December 08 17:52 GMT (UK) »
I had BVRI v.1 on old computer with no problems. Then got v.2 and followed installation instructions which kept asking me for a version of viewer disk which I did not have. Emailed LDS help and was given instructions but was still being asked for other viewer. Finally they sent me 2 viewer disks to try and it worked. Your problem is probably different but contact LDS help if you haven't any luck sorting it out on your own.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Pagr

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 04 December 08 19:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stan,
I have done everything you said in your reply to my problem and it doesn't work. I think Vista is the problem.
I only registered with Rootschat today and I am amazed at the help I have been offered, thanks to everyone.
Tomorrow I will try to follow the advice posted to me by 'Gadget' originally from 'downside' in january to 'ranaridibunda' who had exactly the same problem and eventually got her CDs to load.
Thanks to everyone this is a super site.
Pagr

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 04 December 08 19:47 GMT (UK) »
Good luck, Pagr. Let us know how things turn out.

These problems are one of the main reasons that I've stayed with XP and insisted, last year, that the supplier of my new PC, installed XP Pro on my new machine. Many of us  have invested s on CDs and other software (in my case lots of expensive graphics programs)  and to have all the hassles is just a bit too much.

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Pagr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 04 December 08 20:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gadget,

Thankyou so very, very much for everything you have done for me today and to all the other people who read my sad story. You are a Godsend. I would like to say thanks to a friend who told me to try Rootschat, I am so pleased.
Thanks again
pagr

Offline Pagr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 04 December 08 20:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi gadget,

Forgot to actually say, Yes, Yes, Yes it's all working. But I agree I don't like Vista I like XP which is on both our other computers.

Thanks again
pagr

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 04 December 08 20:43 GMT (UK) »
 :D :D :D

I hope you will stay with us and join in our discussions, etc. on Family History. From what you've said, you have a lot to offer  :)

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Pagr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 05 December 08 09:22 GMT (UK) »
 Hi Gadget,

I would like that, so I will be perusing the site, getting used to it etc. and reading other people's problems and perhaps help them as I have been helped. As long as they're not technical problems!

Thanks
pagr