Author Topic: Tunstall Parish Records Look up Request - HUNT  (Read 3155 times)

Offline sak

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tunstall Parish Records Look up Request - HUNT
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 06 December 08 15:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dave,

You have really been extremely kind to take the trouble to look into all this for me and I really do appreciate it all very much. You have certainly given me a lot to look at and to look into. You're right, I think they will be difficult to untangle! I have found other records which i have tried to piece together. My feeling is that my Nathaniel was the son of Edward and Mary and Edward is the son of Edward and Elizabeth from Campsey Ashe. I have traced three children born to them, Edward B 1732 ( Nathaniels father?), Thomas  B 1734 and Nathaniel B 1736 ( who may have married Mary and be the father of the Nathaniel you found baptised in 1772.) I would dearly like to get a look at the Iken parish registers as I think they might have some answers!
The Edwards family certainly look very interesting too and i am looking forward to discovering more about them

Thanks so much,   Sue!

Offline Briannicus

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tunstall Parish Records Look up Request - HUNT
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 17 November 16 10:53 GMT (UK) »
Dear all,

We are still trying, after decades of looking, to clarify the parentage of the Edward Hunt who married Dinah Gibson 06 Nov 1783 in Orford / Gedgrave. We have two theories about his parentage.

Either Lot Hunt (bapt. 18 Apr 1730, Kelsale, Carlton) and Sarah Tokeley (not very helpfully confused by the fact that there is a marriage of a Lot Hunt to Mgt Sawyer at Kelsale in 1754)
or
Edward Hunt (c. 1732 - ?) and Mary Sawyer

If anyone has anything that could point us in the right direction we would be terribly grateful.

Thanks in advance

Brian Hunt