Author Topic: garston liverpool 19  (Read 19317 times)

Offline glenarm

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: garston liverpool 19
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 31 December 08 12:01 GMT (UK) »
 ;) Hi Allen I think I know who you  I think  your wife is a cousin to my brother in law    D  H  my sister was Pat who so sadly passed away 6 yrs ago .
Allen at 10 Banks Road Danial Oakes lived by trade he was a labourer
there was no 11 Heald Street in 1889   nos    2    6  8  10 only one side of the street was built    ( no 2 was coop )  (no6 joseph Rawlins builder ) no8 was the liberal club and in number 10 mc cullogh engineer  then the Welsh ChapeL
Blennett Street Idont believe Bennett Street was built at that time as its not in the book and that is usually the reason.
I do remember  the triplets I thought they came from James Street I must have been mistaken
my great grand father lived in no 1 Jackson  Street untill 1890s
and my grand parents  in vulcan were I  sorry could not help you more
   Betty

Offline glenarm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 31 December 08 12:13 GMT (UK) »
 ;)Hi Iria up to now I have not come across it but I will keep trying its a pity you did not have any idea where the street was as some of the streets  had not been built in 1889  l leave it with me any way
betty  (glenarm )

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 02 January 09 01:25 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Betty....yes...I know who you are through my wife...Pat was a lovely girl,had many a laugh with her and Dave..I still have an occasional pint with Dave when I see him...my wife said to tell you 15th July....Pat died on our daughters birthday.
yes I`m stupid...I knew our house in Heald St was built in 1890.....and Bennett st in 1892....how daft am I ??.. BTW I was in the Pandemonium with Dave and Jimmy for 11 years,,,had some laughs.....regards...allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline glenarm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 02 January 09 14:11 GMT (UK) »
;)Hi Allen,
thanks for that I am a member of ancestral  villages I gave in your name  and I am now in  a queue waiting to  be activated it looks a good  site  . I started my research  years ago  writing hundreds of letters going down to the William brown  library our pat and Dave used to accompany me,.when I made a hit you could hear me all over the library I think they thought I had lost it. you just get carried away with it . I have my maternal tree back to 1811  my paternal one to 1828 and johnny family back to 1856
   Allen if you have Irish ancestors try emerald ancestors it is a  brilliant  site  ,I am a member of so many  now sometimes you get good results others not a lot but they are handy  just the same .
I remember you all in the band you all had a whale of a time good days sadly gone now. I miss our Pat so  much when she went a part of me went  with her .          Al tell Ann it was my mam who passed  away 15 july  Pat died on 28 April   
well Allen it was really  nice talking to you I wish you and Ann and all your family  A  VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR
 love Betty

Offline agg12

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 09 January 09 22:43 GMT (UK) »
Hello There
can anybody help me with information from  the Garston area of liverpool i am trying find a location site for  photographer  Morris Richards  Carlton studio   GARSTON
  Maybe a senior citizen may remember  hoping to hear from you 
thank you
Glenarm 

I am also researching this topic and was so delighted to find your message on this site. This photographer was my husbands grandfather but because all of the family have died I was having difficulty finding this information and he also called his business by his  Christian names rather than using his surname. 

Offline glenarm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 10 January 09 13:48 GMT (UK) »
 ;) Hi agg
sorry I am not researching Morris Richards what  it was a researcher in Ireland came across a photo which  had been passed to her it was assumed that photo could have been my father. The person in question did not know if on the back of the photo  the address said Garston  liver,pool   or Garstang which is near to Black POOL so  I made a request on rootsweb     to see if someone  may  know of this studio  marg  replied it was at 108 St Marys Road.
 However when the  photo did arrive it was not my father after all, in spite of us living in Garston.It dawned on me later   who Morris Richards  was .  I was to young to know him but I had heard of him he was also known  by his nick name  Dickie Twice .
 sorry I could not be more help
glenarm

Offline dottyc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 13 October 10 11:38 BST (UK) »
Hello agg12,

I am also connection to the family of Morris Richard photographer of Garston.   He was my Gran's brother.  Do you have more information about this family?   I am trying to find out as much as  I can.

DottyC

Offline dottyc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 17 October 10 17:37 BST (UK) »
Hello agg12,

I hope you might pick up on this because I think you might be surprised to find that in fact a lot of Morris Richards family are alive and kicking.   

DottyC

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 17 October 10 19:12 BST (UK) »
Did they have the Bike shop as well,opposite St Michaels church ??.....allan :)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford