Author Topic: Emigration to Canada via West Indies  (Read 5548 times)

Offline AbAngus

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Emigration to Canada via West Indies
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 24 June 09 17:35 BST (UK) »
Gosh that was quick - thankyou to both Pendennis and Startt!

If would care to send me an e-mail at:   (*)  I will put together what I know and send it to you.   It isn't much, I am afraid, but there are links to Sir Michael Tippet (the composer) and the Savills - but you probably know all this already.

(*) Moderator Comment: Personal details removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page: http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline AbAngus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 04 July 09 17:16 BST (UK) »
Aah!  As a new poster (1) I blundered in putting an e-mail address and (2) I cannot use the PM system until I have posted twice more!

For anyone interested in the children of Alexander Davidson Kemp the 2nd, I can provide some info on the families of Mary Selina French Kemp (my g-grandma), Isobel (who was Sir Michael Tippet's mother (the composer)), Helen (who married a Savill) and Dorothy (who then lived with the same Savill as his mistress).   I don't have dates for them - but they should be easily researched.  The info is all from my mother's memory.

I shall post again - and then I will be able to sue the PM system!  (I mean 'use' the system!)

Offline AbAngus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 04 July 09 17:26 BST (UK) »
With regard to Hugh Galfield Kemp and the  Canadian link, his nephew (Mary's son Charles Valentine Geary Field) went to from India - and school in the UK - to McGill university shortly before WWI.  He joined the CEF, transferred to the RFC and was shot down in Jan 1916.  I have no information suggesting they were in touch... but being uncle and nephew, I suppose they may have been.

This is my important 3rd post - allowing me, I hope, to use the PM system.

AA   

Offline startt

• RootsChat Member
  • James Lyon GGG 1790-1858
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 06 July 09 17:24 BST (UK) »
Duplex is incorrect as  he is Hugh Galfred Davidson carrying on the use of that name last found in Alexander Robert Davidson born 1896 in Chigwell.

Offline Penndennis

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 07 July 09 11:00 BST (UK) »
We definitely have him as Hugh Galfried Duplex Kemp, both in England, and as recorded in the Canadian Veterans Affairs.  His father was Alexander Davidson Kemp (the second).  I don't recognise Alexander Robertson Kemp, who was born nearly twenty years later.

Offline AbAngus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 22 July 09 11:22 BST (UK) »

Good day Penndennis!

I have put a couple of messages for you in my outbox - they repeat what I have already e-mailed Startt and just pass on what I know of the Kemps.

Best wishes.  AA 

Offline morose2

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 12 October 13 17:08 BST (UK) »
I've just found this site. My wife, Charmian (nee Kemp) is the daughter of Peter K Kemp, granddaughter of both Fleming French ( via her Mother) and Isobel Kemp, (via Peter), hence also niece of Michael Tippett. We have hugh's 1915 war medal  and will be visiting the battlefield in 1915 (dv) to remember him. We have been there before and beilieve he died very close to the Canadian Memorial (see the record of the VC awarded to Lt Bellew on the day he died (24 April 1915).

Offline startt

• RootsChat Member
  • James Lyon GGG 1790-1858
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 12 October 13 19:38 BST (UK) »
I have a lot more about the Kemp family try getting back to me on lemotais at hotmail dot com.