Author Topic: Hardy/Maund  (Read 4265 times)

Offline Pelican

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hardy/Maund
« Reply #9 on: Monday 15 December 08 05:41 GMT (UK) »
PS

Before I got back to you Barbara I had put in a look up for the 1891 census and the 1901. Then I found your replies. By the time I got back to the look ups to cancel it someone had answered!!!

Anyway this looks promising and I cannot thank you enough. What a Christmas present for the family this might be!!! Augustus will be a whole branch of the family that is not known!

Best wishes

Pelican

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 15 December 08 13:40 GMT (UK) »
Oh well, at least Ambly and I found the same thing, nice to have confirmation!  You don't normally need to put in a separate post while one is still going on, but not to worry, the main thing is you found him. If you could just amend the title on that post to 'completed' and leave this one open?

I hope the marriage cert is the right one, I was a bit worried about the Marian part of her name, but it seems a big coincidence if not correct.  If you haven't already sent for the cert it might be worth getting them to check for known details before you buy, that service is usually free from the local register office, or £3 for the GRO but that's included in the £7 cert fee if it's correct.

Please do come back here and post the details of the certificate when you get it, would be very pleased to know that it was the right one.

Kind regards
Barbara  :)
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline parishmouse

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Maund
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 08 February 09 15:18 GMT (UK) »
hi
i am researching the maund family in worcester as i am connected through
2.  Edward Maund was born in 1771 in Worcester, was christened on 28 Oct 1771 in All Saints Worcester, and died on 25 Sep 1831 in St Andrews Worcester at age 60.
Edward married Elizabeth in about 1795. Elizabeth was born in 1771, died in 1827 in Clapgate at age 56, and was buried on 6 Sep 1827 in St Martin Worcester.
Marriage Notes: no trace of marriage there is an Edward and Elizabeth Morgan married at avenbury 2 jun 1791.
Children from this marriage were:
   Rebecca Maund was born in 1799 in Worcester, was christened on 3 Mar 1799 in Birdport Worcester, and died on 22 Jan 1837 in Claines Worcester at age 38. Another name for Rebecca was Rebecca Mound.

i wonder if you have my family in your tree.
i have this info on your line could you check it for me.
8.  James Maund was born on 12 Mar 1807 in Birdport Worcester, was christened on 19 Apr 1807 in Countess of Huntingdons Chapel, and died in Dec 1888 in Worcester at age 81.
James married Mary Arton, daughter of William Arton and Sarah, on 21 Dec 1829 in Claines Worcester. Mary was born in 1809 in Cheltenham, Glos, was christened on 9 Apr 1809 in St Marys Cheltenham Glos, and died in Jun 1897 in Worcester at age 88.

Children from this marriage were:

i.   Cornelius Maund was born in 1831 in Worcester and was christened on 25 Sep 1831 in St Peter, Worcester.

General Notes: may have married Rachael Tandy on 31 aug 1856.

ii.   Emma Maund was born in 1833 in St Peter, Worcester and was christened on 8 Dec 1833 in St Peter, Worcester.

iii.   Eliza Maund was born in 1838 in Worcester.

iv.   James Arton Maund was born in 1841 in Worcester, was christened on 7 Mar 1841 in St Martin Worcester, and died in Dec 1888 in Worcester at age 47. In 1841 he was a glover. By 1881 he was a french polisher and was living at home James married Elizabeth Mary Cox Hardy on 28 Dec 1880 in Whittington Chapel, Worcs.

v.   George Maund was born in 1843 in Worcester and was christened on 19 Mar 1843 in St Martin Worcester.

vi.   Esther Ambrose Maund was born in 1845 in Worcester and was christened on 21 Sep 1845 in St Pauls Worcester. Married mar 1871.

vii.   Samuel Maund was born about 1854 in Worcester.
Samuel married Annie Wall in Mar 1875 in Worcester. Annie was born in 1854 and died in Sep 1880 at age 26.
General Notes: he was a turner in 1861-71. and a iron fitter in 1881 and widowed. in 1886 he was a commercial clerk.
He married Mary Ann Churchill at Whittington on 4 dec 1884
Child born Ethel una in London rd chr 1 aug 1886 Whittington.
General Notes:
 James was a glove cutter living in Wylds Lane in 1831.
He was a leather parer in 1851 living at no 1 Carden St.
In 1861 they were in the blockhouse Mary as a shopkeeper, and James a glover and he was a newsman by 1881.

1881 Census
James MAUND   Head   M   Male   74   Worcester, England   Newsman   
Mary MAUND   Wife   M   Female   72   Cheltenham, Worcester, 
James MAUND   Son   M   Male   40   Worcester, England   French Polisher   
Samuel MAUND   Son   W   Male   27   Worcester, England   Iron Fitter
 Census Place 2 Carden St (Toy Shop)Worcester Blockhouse, Worcester, England

Sue

rickhuss hinton minett gines lee francis banner shelton

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 08 February 09 15:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue,

Welcome to Rootschat!  :)

Pelican hasn't been online since December, but should get notification of your posting, so hopefully will get in touch with you - hope you can share your information and find a link between your families

Kind regards
Barbara
 :)
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK