Author Topic: 1841/51/61 census look ups -HELP!  (Read 571 times)

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
1841/51/61 census look ups -HELP!
« on: Monday 07 February 05 11:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I would like to ask for some help in finding SARAH ANN ( nee SYKES) and RICHARD FRANCE on any of the 41/51/61 censuses.

SARAH ANN SYKES was born c. 1834 - she gave Kirkheaton as her birthplace on the 1891 census and Huddersfield on the 1871 and 1881 censuses. Her father's name was THOMAS SYKES ,a weaver.

RICHARD FRANCE was born c. 1823. His father's name was JOHN FRANCE, a labourer. Because Richard died sometime between 1857 and 1867 ( when Sarah Ann remarried) I don't have him on any of the 1871 and later censuses so don't know his birthplace.

Sarah Ann and Richard married in Kirkheaton in Nov, 1851 when they were both living at Colne Bridge, Kirkheaton. They had a daughter - another Sarah Ann - in 1857.

So they were both unmarried and (hopefully) still living with their respective parents at the time of the 1841 and 1851 censuses

On the 1861 census, they would either have been a young married couple with a 3 year old daughter called Sarah Ann OR Sarah Ann ( senior) would have been a widow with daughter.

I really need help to find their parents and Richard's birthplace.

Thanks, Jill.
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.