Author Topic: OLIVERS of Silverton  (Read 12394 times)

Offline sawdust

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: OLIVERS of Silverton
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 16 December 08 21:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mary , You inquired about my great grand father Joseph Oliver born in bedminister in 1859  came to south Africa capetown 1894/95 ,married Emily Fletcher from bath in 1896 in Capetown ,I have been tracing the family plus the Eddles and Palmer's families for 47 years and we still filing in the gaps,and it has been fun and frustrating at times i have now over 600 names on the tree,If anybody wishes me to fill in the gaps from here I am more than welcome.
Cheers Percy

Offline Mum44

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 16 December 08 22:06 GMT (UK) »

Hi Percy
Well, I should be able to find him in 1891 -  I'll have another look   ???

William born 1770 Silverton would appear to have been the brother of John born 1766;  John was the father of Wiliam born 1792.

Not knowing anything at all about possible children of William b. 1770 I'm not sure whether it's going to be possible to trace his descendents;  do you know whether he remained in Silverton - or anything else about him?

The other brother was Stephen.
Census information is Crown Copyright from TNA.
Titchfield, Hampshire: Reed,  Fielder, Cawte, Goddard.
Kent:  Float,  Cutbush. 
Wallasey, Cheshire: Carroll, Ledsham.
Liverpool : Horsfall, Prescott

Offline sawdust

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 16 December 08 22:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi mary can  you check the following please wiliam oliver bapt in thorverton july 1800 parents william oliver 1770  possible Silverton and another william born 1802 also In Thorverton  poosible connections not sure.
Thanks
Percy off to bed its 012.30 am nite

Offline sawdust

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 17 December 08 16:08 GMT (UK) »
HI Mary,
 Yes  i have stephan and John on my tree, How do you clear the message board from my side ,once again many thanks if we dont msessage again
compliments of the season to you
Percy

Offline Andy Fletcher

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Friday 22 February 19 09:53 GMT (UK) »
Good morning,

This is a bit of a long shot from UK.  I have just discovered some new relations on the Fletcher side of my family who's origins are in the West Country and we are now trying to piece together some loose ends.  I believe Emily Fletcher is my Great Aunt and my Cousin believes there is history of Emily marrying in S.A.  Most of the documents we have point to this being the same Emily as your relation, the dates are slightly out but that would probably be down to errors on ship's passenger lists and some on Census returns.  We would be highly delighted if you were able to supply any documents, birth certificates, marriage certificates, death certificates etc. that would give names of Emily's mother and father etc.  Also, we believe that Emily and Joseph lived only a short distance away from each other and we would like to know what prompted them, if they ARE, the couple we are looking for, to emigrate to S.A.  Was Joseph in the armed forces?  There is a recollection by another family member that Emily married a soldier.

We look forward with anticipation if you are able to assist us to add another fascinating episode in the life of our family(s).

Kind regards,

Andy Fletcher

Offline sawdust

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Friday 01 March 19 13:05 GMT (UK) »
Good afternoon Andy, What a surprise i have been trying to tie up the Fletcher side of our family for 50 years ,and out of the blue you found me.Emily Fletcher is my great grand mother.I have all the details marriage documents ,photos  etc  of Emily and her family.If u email me i will correspond with you.
kind regards
Percy
 :) PS My apologies for not contacting you earlier i had cataracts removed from my eyes so iwas not on the computer .

Offline Andy Fletcher

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Friday 01 March 19 14:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Percy!!

HOW amazing!!  I really look forward to seeing your research and matching it up hopefully!! 

My e-mail address is sinbad_fletch@yahoo.co.uk 

I can't wait!!  So exited to find I may have relations in that beautiful part of the world.  I visited Cape Town back in the 70's when I was in the Navy and or ship spent some time in a dry dock in Simonstown.  I remember we played Rugby against the Metal Box Company!!

Very much looking forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Best regards, and let's hope we can help each other !!

Andy Fletcher
Pitsea
Essex
U.K.

Offline sawdust

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Saturday 02 March 19 14:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Andy, I sent you an email? Did u receive it?
Regards
Percy

Offline Andy Fletcher

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Saturday 02 March 19 14:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Percy,

No, I haven't received an email yet.  Did you send to sinbad_fletch@yahoo.co.uk?  There is an UNDERSCORE and not a hyphen and it's all lower case.

Looking forward to seeing what you have sent!!

Best regards

Andy