Author Topic: How to use RootsChat: Where are the Help Pages ?  (Read 142872 times)

Offline csa83

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: How to use RootsChat: Where are the Help Pages ?
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday 13 October 21 23:29 BST (UK) »
Hi I've just joined and need to contact a moderator to request that a thread be deleted, when I try to send a message it says I'm not allowed to send one.  :(

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Thursday 14 October 21 11:26 BST (UK) »
If you're trying to send a private message, then you won't be able to do that until you've made 3 (I think) posts - and posts on some boards, including this one, don't count.

Another option is to use the Report to moderator link at the bottom of any post in the thread. I don't know if that also requires you to have made 3 posts.

Having said that, RootsChat doesn't generally delete whole threads without good reason, so you would need to put your case to the moderator. If it's because the thread contains incorrect information, the best way is usually to post the correct information and explain why the previous posts were wrong - that can be a lot more helpful to future researchers than simply deleting the lot.
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Thursday 14 October 21 13:46 BST (UK) »
if you look at the bottom of the first page, you will see a red button that says "contact support" if you press on that you can send us an email directly.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk