Author Topic: Looking for Horgan's From Kerry  (Read 7979 times)

Offline Horgan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Horgan's From Kerry
« Reply #9 on: Monday 03 January 22 16:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi any one that might have ancestry from Kerry ireland or Pembroke Wales with the names James Horgan and son John Horgan who,s wife was Mary Richards and one of there children was Elizabeth who married a Ball thay might be buried in or near St michael's church near Ogmore in Wales thanks from Mel

Offline Trebla079

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 04 November 22 07:37 GMT (UK) »
We lived in Kerry near to a farmer called Tony Horgan, near Milltown, Lissivane west, his wifes name is in the back of the brain but I believe they adopted a girl from Rumania. Obviously being Irish they were members of Lissivane church so the Pastor may be a good starting point Trebla079

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 04 November 22 20:51 GMT (UK) »
Trebla079, are all the people you mentioned in your reply deceased? RootsChat has a strict rule about not putting information on the public forum about people who may be alive. Unless you're sure that they are all deceased, you should remove information which might identify them. 
 Information which can't be put in a post on the Forum can be communicated by Personal Message. New members have to make a certain number of posts before the Personal Message option starts to function. You should now be able to use it. To send a PM to Horgan either click on the Personal Message symbol below their number of posts or click on their user-name and go to their profile pages.
RootsChat is careful about personal online safety & security.   
Cowban

Offline sharon2915

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 23 November 22 21:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi, My Grandfather was John Horgan, from the Moybella, Listowel area. Born approx 1835.
I've only recently started looking into my Father's family. This John Horgan had a daughter Ellen, who married James Murphy and had my Father.
I'm still actively looking into this, will help if I can.
I was only searching the names and your post from years ago came up :)
Claire

I think ur a relative of mine. my grandfathers mother and father were james and Ellen from port abbeyfeale.

Offline sharon2915

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 24 November 22 09:34 GMT (UK) »
My greadgrandmother was Julia Horgan daughter of Michael and Mary Horgan.nee Quaid or Quard. Michael was a surveyor. Julia married Patrick Hennigan in Listowel in 1859 and they went to Australia and then onto New Zealand. I have not been able to find any connection in Ireland.

Hi, I only just read your message.. Strangely our Horgans came from Kerry, but at some point in the mid '20's my Grandparents moved to Abbeyfeale in Limerick, it would have been just across the river Feale. My Father was brought up there, came to London in the 1950's, met my Mother, a nurse, and stayed here in London.
Small world. :)

If I'm correct your fathers name is either johnny or patrick

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 24 November 22 20:29 GMT (UK) »

Welcome to RootsChat, sharon2915  :)

My Grandfather was John Horgan, from the Moybella, Listowel area. Born approx 1835.
This John Horgan had a daughter Ellen, who married James Murphy.....

Ellen Horgan married James Murphy on 14 November 1909 at Ballybunion RC Church.
Both were living in the townland of Moybella.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1909/10039/5651862.pdf
https://www.townlands.ie/kerry/iraghticonnor/lisselton/ballyconry/moybella-north/

Ellen (Ellie) in 1901 census
House 10 in Moybella North (Ballyconry, Kerry).
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Kerry/Ballyconry/Moybella_North/1419418/

The Murphys in 1911 census
House 12 in Moybella, North (Ballyconry, Kerry).
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Kerry/Ballyconry/Moybella__North/271184/

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 25 November 22 07:37 GMT (UK) »

John Horgan death - 29 June 1886 at Moybella. His widow Margaret the informant.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1886/06237/4785536.pdf

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline Smurphette

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 27 November 22 17:47 GMT (UK) »
My greadgrandmother was Julia Horgan daughter of Michael and Mary Horgan.nee Quaid or Quard. Michael was a surveyor. Julia married Patrick Hennigan in Listowel in 1859 and they went to Australia and then onto New Zealand. I have not been able to find any connection in Ireland.

Hi, I only just read your message.. Strangely our Horgans came from Kerry, but at some point in the mid '20's my Grandparents moved to Abbeyfeale in Limerick, it would have been just across the river Feale. My Father was brought up there, came to London in the 1950's, met my Mother, a nurse, and stayed here in London.
Small world. :)

If I'm correct your fathers name is either johnny or patrick
[/quote

My Father was Edmund, he was the youngest. :)